XR1200 Owners Group banner

Greetings from the Western Republic of Alberta!

2K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  darbgnik 
#1 ·
Recently purchased a 2009 XR, black, 19K kms. I always said it was the only Harley I would buy, given the current line-up. I also have an old Valkyrie Interstate for those road sofa days. When I bought the XR, I sold a Honda CB500X. The XR handles like the CB but has the jam of the Valk but that’s not news to anyone here!
My XR is bone stock. I’m in the process of installing new Michelin Road 5’s. The bike is jacketed up, just need to remove wheels and take them in for the changeover.
I’m looking for a small, deflector type windshield if anyone has any brilliant ideas.

#4 ·
Welcome Mike. If you saw a black XR with Ontario plates in July, 2013-2019, that was me. Spent two weeks every July visiting family a few blocks from Riverside Honda. Super reliable bike you just bought, mine now has over 100,000 km and has never stranded me. Enjoy the ride.

#11 ·
Wow, thanks for the response everyone.
Decaf, I was looking at the Mohawk but couldn’t find a picture of it on the bike. I think I’m sold!
Raven, I know what you mean. Just added risers and heated grips today while it was up on the rack. Wheels are out getting new Road 5 GT’s installed.
As my wife says, “Here we go again!”

#12 ·
Hey Mike, my black 2009 came with an HD quick-detach wind screen that I was gonna list on here eventually. Lemme know if you're interested?

#13 ·
Sorry I missed this earlier; a couple of new prairie punks showing up; excellent! Greetings from Moose Jaw. I grew up in Alberta (Springbank, Fort MacLeod, Vulcan) and did my university at U of A before departing for Saskatchewan. Re: windscreens; I have the Gladiator on my bike, and it looks really good on the XR; kinda like it was made for our bikes, honestly. Takes a lot of wind load off your chest. As you have already found out, there are a few Canucks on this board, but I have been pretty lonely representing the West, so welcome!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.