XR1200 Owners Group banner

How many AMA race bikes?

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Skiddy 
#1 ·
How many AMA race bikes were built and raced over the 5 seasons 2010 - 2014, 5 years is a good innings for a one make race series and did any of the bikes/riders compete in every event?

The racing was close and very competitive, fortunately we can still relive those races courtesy of youtube etc

How many ex race bikes survive and how many of them are converted for road use?

I'm sure there will be undiscovered bikes languishing in the back of a garage somewhere, they won't all have been broken for spares.

Any information gathered may be of use to someone someday :)

#2 ·
#7 ·
The V&H race exhaust hanger will be hard to find. V&H doesn't sell it any longer and any out there as used parts will be part of a complete exhaust system.

#9 ·
Yes I was hoping some would turn up and maybe more will be added to the list in the future!

As for obsolete parts like the V&H exhaust hanger I know some talented fabricators who would have no problem making one by either copying an original or from good detailed photo's with dimensions, there are some guys on here that could do the same, there's always a way :cool:

#10 ·
How many AMA race bikes were built and raced over the 5 seasons 2010 - 2014, 5 years is a good innings for a one make race series and did any of the bikes/riders compete in every event?

The racing was close and very competitive, fortunately we can still relive those races courtesy of youtube etc

I'm sure there will be undiscovered bikes languishing in the back of a garage somewhere, they won't all have been broken for spares.

I just bought a former race bike that was converted to street.

#11 ·

Picked mine up in March
#29 and bringing it out of retirement

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.