How Harlet Davidson Killed Itself
    Raised by Wolves

Default How Harlet Davidson Killed Itself

Interesting video, don't know if anybody else has seen it ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOwxxsPaogY
    ZZR1400, XR1200, DR650 x 2
    In bits ;-) DR650, ZXR750

2. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

Tweaker of Things

Default Re: How Harlet Davidson Killed Itself

I'm not too worried. It's survived 117 years, watching the come and go of a lot of other companies.
    Phaedrus

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    Albert Einstein

Looking for V & H race kit parts

the guy is a enduro fan with a tiny 250cc bike hanging on the wall. While he may bring up a couple of good points, the shot of the XR where he edits the video to make it look like is leaking and sputtering, I thought was weak. A better video I thought was this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUPysiWA8Uk

5. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

Raised by Wolves

Cmon boys,wait for the End it comes......maybe.................................. ...........
    I bought this here in Town with 3000 mls on the Odo after 5 Yrs.Pricetag says 21.000,-$ from New.
    and YES....... MADE in AMERICA...............You feel every Punch it gives when the Throttle moves.

LR-U (10).jpgLR-U (7).jpg

Raised by Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by BULLITT65 View Post
    the guy is a enduro fan with a tiny 250cc bike hanging on the wall. While he may bring up a couple of good points, the shot of the XR where he edits the video to make it look like is leaking and sputtering, I thought was weak. A better video I thought was this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUPysiWA8Uk
    Certainly agree that the Eurocrats are trying to restrict the internal combustion engine out of existance
    Their latest idea is that by 2022 every new car will be restricted to the speed limit by GPS or 5G

Destroyer of worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    I'm not too worried. It's survived 117 years, watching the come and go of a lot of other companies.
    That's been H-D's attitude, and is exactly why they are in trouble, complacency.
    GORT

Tweaker of Things

Or, why they are not in trouble - consistency.
    Phaedrus

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    Albert Einstein

Sonya's a pretty kitty!

But Phad, if they're not in trouble why dismiss the CEO?

(Who incidentally seems to have been an XR fancier).

J.

Tweaker of Things

For a company that is technologically slow to change, they have had a volatile history. And it was Levatich's time to move on. I jjst don't count HD as down and dead yet.
    Phaedrus

Albert Einstein

I don't know how successful Indian (Polaris) will be with the FTR, or how many units they have sold each year. (Expensive bike) Does anyone see Harley coming out with a new XR or competing bike? The FTR 750 (race only) is very cool looking.

Raised by Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    For a company that is technologically slow to change.
    Unfortunately that's the attitude that killed of the British bike industry in the 70's, "give 'em what we got, not what they want"

I got no friends 'cause they read the papers, they can't be seen, with me.........
    Bum Fukc ......... Out Beyond the Pyramids

Quote Originally Posted by BULLITT65 View Post
    I don't know how successful Indian (Polaris) will be with the FTR, or how many units they have sold each year. (Expensive bike) Does anyone see Harley coming out with a new XR or competing bike? The FTR 750 (race only) is very cool looking.
    Harley dosen't care, they will be OK.
    Forecast for Tonioght: ALCOHOL,
    Low Standards and Poor Decisions

Destroyer of worlds

This guy does a lot of good videos and I do not think he has an agenda. He is correct however about HD overextending themselves and playing games with shares. They are in trouble financially but it’s far from over. They will survive but they will have to change as the days of $30,000 motorcycles bought by boomers are nearing the end. Consistency now is their worst enemy.
    I saw the Panamerica at the Denver motorcycle show, it was impressive and at a price in the mid-teens, it should do well if they can get an adventure bike buyer in an HD showroom. Hopefully the “flat-track” and “cafe” will do good too. The reports of HD’s demise are premature, but I think they have seen the writing on the wall.
    GORT

Lovin the XR!

I'm in the middle of a book called "NO HANDS" -the rise and fall of the Schwinn Bicycle Company an American Institution. It's an interesting read, many mistakes made by Schwinn like not keeping up with technology and pricing but the list of mistakes seemed to be many!

Hard to imagine the World without Harley Davidson, but whoever could have imagined Schwinn's ending.

used ta could

I actually thought this was real until the very end. It made so much sense.
    https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/new...restructuring/

Had me going as well. Seems like that is there motto, more clothes more image, less bikes....I think they will figure it out though.

Master of Space and Time

Quote Originally Posted by ytman View Post
    I actually thought this was real until the very end. It made so much sense.
    https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/new...restructuring/
    Beeler (from A&R) is on my shit list right now. Really lost respect for the guy with this interview:

He comes off sounding like a pretentious, sanctimonious, snob. He acts like he is this big supporter of MotoAmerica, the truth is A&R does not even cover MotoAmerica. He has no basis to lecture these guys, on their own show.

Don't touch me there!

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
    Beeler (from A&R) is on my shit list right now. Really lost respect for the guy with this interview:

He comes off sounding like a pretentious, sanctimonious, snob. He acts like he is this big supporter of MotoAmerica, the truth is A&R does not even cover MotoAmerica. He has no basis to lecture these guys, on their own show.
    Agreed 100%. I enjoy the podcast but.... he really does crap on pretty much everything. He was not a fan of the XR when it came out but now bemoans Harley sticking to cruisers, says MA needs to try something but complains that they're having a bagger race, says we need to have electric bikes but says the LiveWire sucks, etc. I support your stance Dan!