Anyone know if the factory bungee bars will work with a Corbin+lady gunfighter seat?
    My hovercraft is full of eels

Default Anyone know if the factory bungee bars will work with a Corbin+lady gunfighter seat?

This is the complete corbin saddle+skirt that replaces the factory tailsection. Curious if I can use factory bungee bars. Trying to rig up something for my kids to hold onto.
    Ride to eat, eat to ride

2. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

HOW'S YER BUM FOR SPOTS?

Quote Originally Posted by 1KPerDay View Post
    This is the complete corbin saddle+skirt that replaces the factory tailsection. Curious if I can use factory bungee bars. Trying to rig up something for my kids to hold onto.
    Yes, bungee bars work with the Corbin gunfighter just the same as stock.
    “I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.”

Default Re: Anyone know if the factory bungee bars will work with a Corbin+lady gunfighter seat?

Thank you sir
    Ride to eat, eat to ride

5. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

HOW'S YER BUM FOR SPOTS?

You are most welcome....my own method for my two special needs young men is to use gaffer tape to wrap them to me just so I can feel when they fall off.

Raised by Wolves

Default Re: Anyone know if the factory bungee bars will work with a Corbin+lady gunfighter seat?

Quote Originally Posted by art View Post
    You are most welcome....my own method for my two special needs young men is to use gaffer tape to wrap them to me just so I can feel when they fall off.
    Hope you don't use the Aldi stuff, it's crap
    ZZR1400, XR1200, DR650 x 2
    In bits ;-) DR650, ZXR750

Sonya's a pretty kitty!

HH,

I beg to differ. I've been using their paddock stands for almost 10 years. $50 AUD each, no problems. The equivalent name brand stands in my local bike shop were almost triple that. I've tried out their bike gloves under the "Tourque" brand and had one pair for moderate weather use last around 5 years, the other pair are still virtually mint after 3 years of light use. They were both about $30 AUD, around 40% of more glamorous RJays/Sidi/Dri Rider items. The Italian "Five" brand gloves, very sexy mind you, top out well beyond $200 AUD here.

I'll give you this, jackets in Aldi used to be rubbish you wouldn't wear to clean out a cattle pen in winter, they were so crudely made and they felt like you'd just been put in a straightjacket. The current ones are streets ahead, at least the ones on sale here in Aus- much softer leather, nicely cut & finished, lots of internal & external pockets, all the crash armour and felt fine trying on in the store. Again, maybe $100 -120 AUD, like 30 - 40% of name brand bike jackets in a High St store or dealership. Have you checked out HD branded clothing? No problem to pay $600 -700 AUD here for a snazzy HD branded jacket full of the embossed skulls, flames, chequered motifs etc. so beloved of BAB cruisers. I know what I'd rather spend my money on!

Aldi hemets are a question mark, I'll concede that. They don't make a modular yet and long term comfort is a gamble, as I'm prone to headaches after an hour or so in a too tight helmet. Although at around $100 AUD, at least you're not gambling much. I think my next hemet is going to be another Nolan modular despite them being $500 - 600 AUD here. But I'll consider most any Aldi bike product. Their wets, for instance. Used their light wet weather over jacket a number of times- kept the rain out fine. I think it was $20 AUD, peanuts. So, horses for courses mate. How has your Aldi product experience differed?

J.

HOW'S YER BUM FOR SPOTS?

Brian, Aldi tape is good enough, the boys are still young enough to bounce.
    J, Aldi over here is very much you gets what you pay for.. mediocre at best. We very rarely see any biking gear on the shelves.

Raised by Wolves

Art,
    That's OK then. Have to think about a meet in the next few weeks I think?

J.
    I was only refering to the masking tape actually in that instance , but Art right, most of it only good for occassional use!
    ZZR1400, XR1200, DR650 x 2
    In bits ;-) DR650, ZXR750

Sonya's a pretty kitty!

@ Art & HH,

OK, roger that. They are a strange supermarket, Aldi, I'll grant you that. My local one in addition to food and clothing have for instance stationary 240V generators, chainsaws, power tools, often the bike stuff I mentioned, TV's at eye popping low prices under the Philips and Bauhn brands, even musical instruments (entry level electric & accoustic gtrs of very uncertain quality but extremely cheap, maybe 50% of the equivalent item in a normal music shop). All in a store about half the size of most supermarkets. So when I go there I always have an eye open for unexpected but bargain items- if there seems sufficient quality to risk a gamble. I find most of the time, it's been a win.

J.

Life begins at 180 mph

Yes they work with the bungee bars. I have them on mine.

Life begins at 180 mph

Look at my profile pictures . I have the Corbin seat and bungee bars.

Master of Space and Time

But that don't look like the lady and gunfighter seat

HOW'S YER BUM FOR SPOTS?

Sorry, I should have put up old pics. Bungee bars have since been replaced with Hepco and Becker soft pannier frames and bags.

Life begins at 180 mph

poolpawpaw. Have to look at my pictures. The photo picture is stock. I put a Corbin on the XR.

Master of Space and Time

Quote Originally Posted by Krazeykeith View Post
    poolpawpaw. Have to look at my pictures. The photo picture is stock. I put a Corbin on the XR.
    Keith, my bad. I clicked on your profile the other night and I must not have been seeing to good. I just looked at the first picture, at the top of your profile, and at that time I must not have been seeing very well. Looked like the regular Corbin. I just clicked and checked the other pics. I remember very clear now when you put your gunfighter seat on. I've wanted one ever since. It looks fantastic, and looks more comfortable the the regular Corbin. Almost made a deal on one a while back, but just couldn't quite make the deal. Glad to see your still around.

Many thanks for the great pics. That bike looks awesome.
    Ride to eat, eat to ride