Tail of the dragon
    Habitual Linestepper

Default Tail of the dragon

Guys just looking through some pictures today and neglected to share a trip my brother and I took to the dragon last September so moved to the blue ridge (hiawassee, ga) from Florida almost three years ago and it’s changed my riding for the better. I have plenty of great riding routes to take right from my driveway but the dragon has always been on my to do list for many years especially since I only live 45 minutes away. I took my xr and my brother rad his new to him 2004 sportster 1200r. He also keeps his 2002 buell M2 cyclone at my house for mountain adventures as well. Anyway, we took some extra time dialing in our suspensions. He has heavy progressive fork springs and 12 weight oil up front plus drag specialities heavy duty adjustable shocks in the rear on his sportster. Many years ago, I did the bpf fork upgrades with racetech valve and springs plus modified ohlins out back on +2 risers.

Thankfully, we went on a weekday and traffic was very light. We switched off several times and both bike were a blast to ride as you would expect. The 1200r is already blessed with very good twin front disk brakes and the suspension upgrades really let you push it in the twisties. Of course, the Xr was outstanding in every department with my only complaint being i had almost no storage for the us 129 HD shirts I bought 😂

We made a few stops most notable was Fontana dam where The scene was filmed in “the fugitive” where Harrison fords character jumps off the top of the dam to avoid capture by Tommy lee Jones character.

Also at 129 HD was a large HOG riding group who came over from Portugal to take a stab at the dragon. Plenty of nice looking exotic European ladies in the bunch as well. Many of group spotted my XR and said that It was the best bike HD ever made. On this day. I wasn’t going to argue with them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

used ta could

Default Re: Tail of the dragon

“I didn’t kill my wife”.....”I don’t care”.. I love that movie. Great shots. Good lookin XR. More pipe pics. Haha

Whistling Dixie!
    On the road again, I just cant wait to get off the road again,,,

Nice pewter bike! That exhaust and color combination looks great!
    You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend.
    Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. #sand to the haters.Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

Master of Space and Time

You know what they say around here. Without pictures it didn't happen. Now. About those 'exotic' European ladies........

OMG, it's better then I thought!!!!!

way to funny when Harrison jumped at the dam.... 100% dummy ... I think they stuffed it with insulation.... looked like it was floating.... so FAKE! Wish Ford would have did the stunt!
    Current bikes
    2012 Harley Davidson XR1200x
    2008 Harley Davidson Road King Police Edition
    1984 Honda VFR 750

Previous bikes
    1984 Honda 750 Nighthawk
    1982 Honda 650 Nighthawk
    1982 Honda XL250 motocross
    1973 Triumph 750 Tiger
    1974 Rupp Black Widow
    1970 Kawasaki 90cc dirt bike

Raised by Wolves
    Up a dirt road in the middle of the Portuguese Alentejo. Beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by poolpawpaw View Post
    You know what they say around here. Without pictures it didn't happen. Now. About those 'exotic' European ladies........
    p

They've all come back, and we're keeping 'em safe......