Shipping Blues

Thread: Shipping Blues

used ta could

Default Shipping Blues

Why???Why???Why??? I ordered a used part from across the U.S. They ship it UPS. They give me a tracking number. It takes a week to travel across the country and the tracking isnít really updated regularly. That or it sat in Illinois for 3 days. It said from the beginning that it would arrive on Friday. Iím totally OK with that. The tracking finally catches up to my package on Thursday and it is in my home town. Im excited...Itís gonna make it. Thursday night the updated tracking saysĒ turned over to Post Office for deliveryĒ. WHAAAAAAT????NOOOOO!!! We were so close. I even saw the UPS man drive by my house on Friday. Welllll....itís end of day Monday and still no package. Itís not life or death so Itís not really that big of a deal but I do not understand why UPS couldnít make that last baby step. Hahaha. I hope everyone is using their time for good things. XR things.

2. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

User Title Here

Default Re: Shipping Blues

I've never had good luck shipping, especially with USPS. I once had a package from someone on here that USPS crushed and wasn't going to tell me or the shipper anything. Instead of sending the crushed backrest on to me or back to the shipper, they cut the lid off of the box and sent it back to the shipper and threw the backrest away. Crazy. It stayed in the same location for a week before I called, even then USPS got fussy with me and wouldn't give me details, only to the shipper.

Anyways, I'm in the same boat. I bought a Free Spirits intake that was supposed to be here today through USPS, but it hasn't moved since Saturday. I'm having flashbacks, lol. But I'm not in a rush really, just anxious to get it on and back together.

Nothing to see here

Quote Originally Posted by ytman View Post
    Why???Why???Why??? I ordered a used part from across the U.S. They ship it UPS. They give me a tracking number. It takes a week to travel across the country and the tracking isn’t really updated regularly. That or it sat in Illinois for 3 days. It said from the beginning that it would arrive on Friday. I’m totally OK with that. The tracking finally catches up to my package on Thursday and it is in my home town. Im excited...It’s gonna make it. Thursday night the updated tracking says” turned over to Post Office for delivery”. WHAAAAAAT????NOOOOO!!! We were so close. I even saw the UPS man drive by my house on Friday. Welllll....it’s end of day Monday and still no package. It’s not life or death so It’s not really that big of a deal but I do not understand why UPS couldn’t make that last baby step. Hahaha. I hope everyone is using their time for good things. XR things.
    this has nothing to do with UPS.
    Its the shipper that sent you the item.
    They uses a service called SmartPost.
    UPS does the long distance haul, then they hand it off to the post office for delivery
    Its the cheapest shipping possible and also the slowest.
    I avoid vendors that use this service....

Tweaker of Things

Quote Originally Posted by mx515 View Post
    UPS does the long distance haul, then they hand it off to the post office for delivery
    True!
    Phaedrus

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    Albert Einstein

Whistling Dixie!
    On the road again, I just cant wait to get off the road again,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    True!
    Two words.
    Giant
    Mailbox
    You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend.
    Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. #sand to the haters.Hidden Content

Raised by Wolves

I find it amusing to check the tracking and regularly see my USPS packages taking a tour of the country. I had one make it to Memphis TN, 100 miles from me and then take a trip back to Albuquerque and back to Memphis again. I hate the Smartpost thing but sometimes they don't tell you they ship it that way.
    We are the people our parents warned us about--- Jimmy Buffet.

Nothing to see here

Smartpost blows

Master of Space and Time

Quote Originally Posted by old dog View Post
    I find it amusing to check the tracking and regularly see my USPS packages taking a tour of the country. I had one make it to Memphis TN, 100 miles from me and then take a trip back to Albuquerque and back to Memphis again. I hate the Smartpost thing but sometimes they don't tell you they ship it that way.
    I had a package one time make it to Lexington, where I live, then to Louisville, then back to Lexington, then finally to me. This was SS brake lines for my T-Bird. I had a car show I was trying to get ready for. I missed it of course.
    Another time a package went to LLouisville, they couldn't find the address, and package went back to where I ordered it. All this was USPS. Yes, it's entertaining sometimes.

Lovin the XR!

Ya the tracking is terrible it takes so much longer! I to avoid these cheap methods of shipment!

the older I get.the faster I was

I have ordered stuff from Sato twice, and both times it only took about a week by USPS and Canadian Lack Of Postal Service.
    Which is funny, because a local race shop stopped buying from them because it took so long to get parts from them.

Bronson Wannabe

My experience has been good with the US Postal Service, (knock on wood), I've sent parcels to Art in the UK, Corpse and Shackman in Australia, 2 years ago i sent out a dozen or so tank covers all over the USA and they all got to their destination, and, I might ad, prices that were much cheaper than UPS, Fedex, or DHL.
    Maybe I was just lucky!
    Regards
    Roy

2009 XR 1200
    1983 XR 1000

Nothing to see here

For the most part I've had good luck with USPS and priority mail.
    Usually reliable delivery is 4 days max, coast to coast, and tracking is pretty good.
    I have had a shipment within the country somehow make its way off shore, to I think Hong Kong if I remember correctly.
    But for all the shipping and parts delivery I do, that's the exception and not the rule

used ta could

Definitely not the most efficient route, in my view. USPS
    Rancho Cucamonga to City of Industry to Carson Bakersfield to.......

8A30BD27-0A88-4204-9065-0CA55F7532BD.jpg

Here is the fun I have been having lately.
    Ordered Risers from Rox Speed, shipped by UPS. Package sat in Windsor Ontario for 5 days. Finally got them, shipping time 11 days.
    Ordered parts from AR Harley, took them 5 days to get the parts, no problem. Shipped by Fedex on June 5th received on June 11th. Great.
    Ordered a new clutch cable from Barnett. Shipped by USPS, last tracking had it in LA California 5 days ago.
    Oh well " life gives you lemons,buy TEQUILA" s--t happens.

Just sent a half hour on hold with Canada Post. Only to be told my clutch cable is somewhere in US or Canada customs and could be held there for up to 21 days.
    Thats why no tracking updates.

used ta could

I guess border crossings add a whole nuther dimension to “shipping blues”

I guess border crossings add a whole nuther dimension to “shipping blues”
    Usually it's not a problem.
    The Rox risers came from the US and only had to deal with the normal UPS stupidity.
    The AR Harley stuff came from England in 5 days.
    I think I am going to need to buy more Tequila and I don't drink much.

Son of a gun, my clutch cable has emerged from the "TWILIGHT ZONE"
    Tracking had it leaving the USA on June 5th and then it disappeared from the universe until today.
    Supposed to be here by the end of the week.

used ta could

Well...heck that’s only like 20 days. I’m pretty sure if you hit the “walk” button on google maps it could have been there sooner.

Well...heck that’s only like 20 days. I’m pretty sure if you hit the “walk” button on google maps it could have been there sooner.
    Hell I've driven from home to Corona CA in 60 hours and grabbed a motel both nights. But I was a lot younger then.