Stock Pegs Or Other Rearsets?
    User Title Here

Default Stock Pegs Or Other Rearsets?

Gentleman!

My bike came with these extra long pegs for the rider. They are very annoying as they bang my ankles if I dont force myself to think carefully about how I put my feet down at traffic lights.

I thought maybe someone else would either A) have done the same mod and have the stock pegs lying around? B) Don't deal with city traffic, dont put their legs down that often and would like extended pegs and care to trade C) have aftermarket rearsets that they tried and dont like and would like to sell to me.

Thank you!

Let me know.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190507_071428.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	161.6 KB 
ID:	241128

2. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

Bronson Wannabe

Default Re: Stock Pegs Or Other Rearsets?

I know I have my old stock ones in a box some where, trouble is finding it!
    i won't be home for 3 weeks, but I'll look for them once I'm home, they are yours if you still want them.
    regards
    Roy
    Regards
    Roy

2009 XR 1200
    1983 XR 1000

User Title Here

That would be wonderful! What pegs did you switch to?

5. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

Bronson Wannabe

I made a trade here on the forum, and got a set of rear sets that Twin Motorcycles in The Netherlands sells, so I installed those and took the stock ones off. Question for you..are you just looking to swap out the stock footpegs?, or do you need the whole footpeg assembly including the fold up Clevis thing that attaches to the foot peg
    Regards
    Roy

2009 XR 1200
    1983 XR 1000

User Title Here

I don't know the answer to that. I assumed just pegs as I haven't seen how the stock pegs attach. I was making assumptions from metric bikes, that have interchangeable pegs.

Raised by Wolves

I've got those fitted to my XR by the previous owner, except mine hasn't got the spring clips on them?
    Mine don't bang on my ankles, but they do always seem to be folded up which is annoying when you pull away and have to scrabble around with your feet to put them down.
    Perhaps the previous owner of my XR removed the springs because they bang his ankle, therefore maybe you could try that ?

User Title Here

Are you saying that when you pull away your pegs fold up? Cause that would make putting my left leg on the peg hard, but they would never bang my ankle when i put my left leg down at stops.

I prefer shorter pegs anyway. Are the passenger pegs the same as the driver pegs? Maybe I can try swapping them on my bike to see if I can get away with that.

used ta could

Passenger pegs and rider pegs are same same. If you have stockers on the back just swap em out. It looks like those pegs are mounted to the stock pivot points

User Title Here

Thanks for the offers and advice. I did indeed just swap the passenger pegs.