XR1200 Owners Group banner

Clutch Basket broke spring!: is the convert to a XL-Basket/Barnnet Scopion kit w

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Sadwingsragn 
#1 ·
Good Day Gents

So i was plagued with a broken spring in the clutch basket on my 37000 mile 2009er...no surprise my 3rd gear was slapping once in a while.

After reading older post it seems that the conversion mentioned below is a good idea ....any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Seeing the cost of the stock basket since ($469); the scorpion conversion with the XL basket seems the best bet of this ever happening again . not to mention offers flexibility for future power upgrades.

My question is it worth the + 200 extra for this?:confused:

#2 ·
Also consider removing the troublesome springs and welding the basket, there is some info on here regarding it, then fit a good clutch pack like a Barnett or similar, a stronger diaphragm and maybe a Mueller power clutch if you want a lighter pull at the lever (depends how strong the diaphragm you choose).

I have never heard of any problems doing it this way and its relatively cheap in fact I have considered doing it myself but I am always interested to hear others opinions and ideas :)

#3 ·
XL basket, remove the spacer behind the XR basket, slide in the extra clutch plate you get with the XL basket and never look back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.