East Coast XR1200 Ride .... Sometime After May 10, 2020. Any Interest? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tweaker of Things

Default Re: East Coast XR1200 Ride .... Sometime After May 10, 2020. Any Interest?

Hopefully things will be stable in 8-10 weeks.

But a wise man would shift a group gathering bringing folks together from multiple states, to August.

Hell, by then I might even be able to join....
    Phaedrus

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    Albert Einstein

2. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

Raised by Wolves

Default Re: East Coast XR1200 Ride .... Sometime After May 10, 2020. Any Interest?

Ok Thomas gets a hug this year. LOL I am figuring by the middle of May the virus will either have run it's course or we will all be dead. If it has not then a motel is the last place i would want to be. I'm going to feed my indoor bulldog some Pepperoni, Cajun Sausage, and Scrambled eggs. That should kill anything in the house.
    We are the people our parents warned us about--- Jimmy Buffet.

Whistling Dixie!
    On the road again, I just cant wait to get off the road again,,,

Glad to see you keeping a hand in it and I haven't had a drink since last November except for one of my good Aventinus beers. Come to think of it I haven't even had a good cigar since then!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend.
    Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. #sand to the haters.Hidden Content

Master of Space and Time

Quote Originally Posted by flattrkr View Post
    Hi Jimmy, I believe the US/Can land border is still open, but incoming flights are restricted. I'm still in Florida and have no plans to go home yet, although many snowbirds seem to be heading north. I love FL so I'll stay as long as I can. Life seems to be going along more or less as usual here, except for the run on toilet paper, which has me baffled. Mind you, my last words might be "Gee, I didn't think it was that serious...." The Daytona 200 postponed, FlatTrack cancelled, and most disturbing, the 2020 IOM TT and NW200 cancelled. I check in here occasionally, especially at this time of year to see what the East Coast crew are planning. This site is like the song...."You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave..." I hope the meet up goes ahead, but if restaurants start closing, that could dampen the festivities. For a couple of days, I suppose you can live on chips and beer..... Even though I'm older than Jimmy, I wasn't around for the 1918 pandemic. This one surely won't be that bad, but Jimmy's note of caution can't be dismissed. Regards to all, Harry
    great to hear from you Harry. I might have misheard about the boarder crossing, I'll have to check.

Sonya's a pretty kitty!

Great to see you floating by Harry. Good song choice, also.

J.

Tweaker of Things

Well Harry, you may be enjoying Florida sunshine for a while. Looks like they are closing your border to non-essential traffic.
    Phaedrus

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    Albert Einstein

the older I get.the faster I was

Hi Jimmy, I believe the US/Can land border is still open, but incoming flights are restricted.

I'm still in Florida and have no plans to go home yet, although many snowbirds seem to be heading north. I love FL so I'll stay as long as I can. Life seems to be going along more or less as usual here, except for the run on toilet paper, which has me baffled. Mind you, my last words might be "Gee, I didn't think it was that serious...."

The Daytona 200 postponed, FlatTrack cancelled, and most disturbing, the 2020 IOM TT and NW200 cancelled.

I check in here occasionally, especially at this time of year to see what the East Coast crew are planning. This site is like the song...."You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave..." I hope the meet up goes ahead, but if restaurants start closing, that could dampen the festivities. For a couple of days, I suppose you can live on chips and beer.....

Even though I'm older than Jimmy, I wasn't around for the 1918 pandemic. This one surely won't be that bad, but Jimmy's note of caution can't be dismissed.

Regards to all, Harry
    Nice to hear from you Harry. With the races cancelled, how was "Bike Week"
    As long as you have good Scotch and cigars,you should be ok

Master of Space and Time

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Well Harry, you may be enjoying Florida sunshine for a while. Looks like they are closing your border to non-essential traffic.
    Not that I consider myself "essential", but I believe returning Canadian citizens are allowed in. My fallback position, of course, is to claim that I am a refugee. The Trudeau Gov't will put me up in a five star hotel for a few years and pay me handsomely while my claim is processed. Not a bad gig.

Quote Originally Posted by raven View Post
    Nice to hear from you Harry. With the races cancelled, how was "Bike Week"
    As long as you have good Scotch and cigars,you should be ok
    Bruce, hope you are well, and virus free...I've kinda given up on Bike Week...too many $50K choppers and BossHoss customs...last couple of times I've gone with my son (his March Break ) we caught some vintage flat track at Volusia County Speedway, and some David Allan Coe at the Iron Horse, and finished with a couple of hours at the Expo. That was enough.

I'll quit hijacking this thread now, but gotta say I miss you all.
    "The world is all the richer for having a devil in it, so long as we keep our foot upon his neck."
    William James

Whistling Dixie!
    On the road again, I just cant wait to get off the road again,,,

The Trudeau Gov't will
    Pay handsomely for a good eyebrow glue if you bring a case back for him!
    You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend.
    Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. #sand to the haters.Hidden Content

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123