East Coast XR1200 Ride .... Sometime After May 10, 2020. Any Interest?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My giant goes with me wherever I go.

Default East Coast XR1200 Ride .... Sometime After May 10, 2020. Any Interest?

Last year I had a conflict with the Waynesville get together as I had promised the grandson we’d do a camping ride to visit his great-grandfather. We had a wonderful trip, camping on the Natchez Trace and riding 1500 miles up the Blues Highway (see Hwy 61 Revisited) .

Anywhoooo this year his break from college begins May 8. I’m thinking he’s experienced enough to tame the Dragon at this point. So, instead of heading west this year, I’m thinking about showing him the way to Waynesville and Hwy129.

Sooooooo, before making any firm plans, just checking to see if anyone has been making any plans for an East Coast Blowout.

2. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

Master of Space and Time

Default Re: East Coast XR1200 Ride .... Sometime After May 10, 2020. Any Interest?

Looks like Memorial Day is May 25 this year. We usually meet up the weekend before, which would be May 16 and 17 (Sat and Sun). You say after the 10th is good. So 16th and 17th weekend it is. And I'm thinking I might make it. Waynesville here we come !!!

User Title Here

Default Re: East Coast XR1200 Ride .... Sometime After May 10, 2020. Any Interest?

Following, just need more specific details.
    Ray
    2009 XR1200
    Mirage Orange Pearl (Mistress)

1976 Honda Z50
    Parakeet Yellow

5. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

Don't touch me there!

Quote Originally Posted by poolpawpaw View Post
    Looks like Memorial Day is May 25 this year. We usually meet up the weekend before, which would be May 16 and 17 (Sat and Sun). You say after the 10th is good. So 16th and 17th weekend it is. And I'm thinking I might make it. Waynesville here we come !!!
    +1
    I'm in, probably show up Thursday and leave on Sunday as usual.

Don't touch me there!

Quote Originally Posted by sstuner View Post
    Following, just need more specific details.
    sstuner, people will start showing up wednesday the 13th and at least some will stay through monday the 18th. Most people will stay at the Oak Park Inn in Waynesville. Some will ride, some will trailer, all will have a blast, I hope to ride with you then!

User Title Here

Horosho, Thanks. Looking now for a RV park in the area. I hope it's OK for my wife to hang out with us on her HD Freewheeler.
    Ray
    2009 XR1200
    Mirage Orange Pearl (Mistress)

1976 Honda Z50
    Parakeet Yellow

Master of Space and Time

stunner, what's a HD Freewheeler ?
    horosho-we need to meet up and talk somewhere.

Raised by Wolves

I probably won't make it this year, as much as i'd like to. Last year the bad shoulder really hit home after the first day of running around the mountains. I also broke my ankle pretty badly at the end of August right before we were going to Rapid City. Found out old bones don't heal well. That put me off on trying to get shoulder fixed. We rode almost 1500 miles the other weekend but it was on my big "Road Sofa" touring bike. I have been riding my Dyna as well and we are leaving later in the week on another 1500 mile round trip. I have not rode the XR since last August and i'm beginning to wonder why i'm really keeping it. Oh well it's paid for and it doesn't eat anything. Who knows, i might show up that BMW i have been threatening to buy. LOL
    We are the people our parents warned us about--- Jimmy Buffet.

I'm slow

Racy and I should be a go even if there is a chance I may be xrless.

What do you mean, Harley's vibrate and connectors come loose?!

Quote Originally Posted by nosupes4u View Post
    Racy and I should be a go even if there is a chance I may be xrless.
    Well, that's better than Racy-less.... So, Waynesville and the Oak Park Inn has to prepare themselves again for the XR invasion of the Magoo Mafia and the Last Ride of Springer in the Smoky Mountains. Book your rooms with Grumpy and we will see you there.
    Until there is a XS****, the XR1200 will always be last in priority for the "MOCO"

Whistling Dixie!
    On the road again, I just cant wait to get off the road again,,,

Stay
    Off
    Of
    Ladders,
    Porches,
    Highchairs,,,,
    As a matter of fact don't even put the seat down on the toilet just in case you manage to somehow fall off of that it would be and inch less you would fall!

Going to talk to the boss and put a bug in his ear about this tomorrow. Probably only going to be a Friday through Sunday ride for me.

Assuming I get off my arse and fix my battery meltdown "issue".....
    You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend.
    Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. #sand to the haters.Hidden Content

Bronson Wannabe

I am planning on being there this year, starting to get all my spare parts together to bring with me!
    Regards
    Roy

2009 XR 1200
    1983 XR 1000

the older I get.the faster I was

Thomas, you might want to check your charging system. There is a write up on lithium batteries in the Feb. issue of Road Runner magazine ( sorry I can't post a link). It says that overcharging ( over 14.5 volts) can cause a meltdown like the one you had.
    Hope this is of some help.

Whistling Dixie!

Quote Originally Posted by raven View Post
    Thomas, you might want to check your charging system. There is a write up on lithium batteries in the Feb. issue of Road Runner magazine ( sorry I can't post a link). It says that overcharging ( over 14.5 volts) can cause a meltdown like the one you had.
    Hope this is of some help.
    Bought a cigarette lighter/volt meter thingamabob to put on the handlebar to keep an eye on it. I will check the accuracy with a volt meter before I trust it too far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Master of Space and Time

Quote Originally Posted by Sadwingsragn View Post
    Stay Off Of Ladders, Porches, Highchairs,,,, As a matter of fact don't even put the seat down on the toilet just in case you manage to somehow fall off of that it would be and inch less you would fall! Going to talk to the boss and put a bug in his ear about this tomorrow. Probably only going to be a Friday through Sunday ride for me. Assuming I get off my arse and fix my battery meltdown "issue".....
    Hahaha Thomas. Point well taken. I fully plan on being there. Just one little problem might keep me away. And believe me, he ain't no problem. He's the sweetest little thing ever. Jan. 7 we took temporary custody of my great-nephew. And he's got priority over everything. He was 9 weeks old when we got the call.

Raised by Wolves

Hahaha Thomas. Point well taken. I fully plan on being there. Just one little problem might keep me away. And believe me, he ain't no problem. He's the sweetest little thing ever. Jan. 7 we took temporary custody of my great-nephew. And he's got priority over everything. He was 9 weeks old when we got the call.

Damn that's a lot of responsibility , and work , to take on at your ........ umm ....... level of maturity .

Good on you .

A pic or two would probably warm my heart .

George
    I wasn't born in Georgia , but I got here as fast as I could !

2010 XR in BLACK , with Supertrapp , V&H fuelpak , X shocks , Biltwell Tracker bar , Oberon bar-ends . Sargent seat .

the older I get.the faster I was

My great nieces and nephew used to say I was not their "Great Uncle", but their "Awesome Uncle"
    I think my title has now passed to you.

Whistling Dixie!

Oh good, bring him along. I love kids,,, if they are properly cooked. I will bring the BBQ sauce!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Raised by Wolves

Hope ya'll don't run me off if i show up on a BMW K1300. Checked out a club brothers 2010 K1300S last weekend in Texas and sat on it. Realized that it won't hurt my shoulders and i can stretch my legs out on the passenger pegs. Now i'm looking for one, probably the K1300 GT to use for longer runs.
    We are the people our parents warned us about--- Jimmy Buffet.

I got no friends 'cause they read the papers, they can't be seen, with me.........
    Bum Fukc ......... Out Beyond the Pyramids

Quote Originally Posted by old dog View Post
    Hope ya'll don't run me off if i show up on a BMW K1300. Checked out a club brothers 2010 K1300S last weekend in Texas and sat on itn. Realized that it won't hurt my shoulders and i can stretch my legs out on the passenger pegs. Now i'm looking for one, probably the K1300 GT to use for longer runs.
    This is surprising, but not in a bad way. I couldn't picture the old dog on a Beemer. LOL

But, if it works for you and keeps you on the road, I'd be all-in!
    Forecast for Tonioght: ALCOHOL,
    Low Standards and Poor Decisions

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast