Say it ain't so

Thread: Say it ain't so

fool in the rain.....

Default Say it ain't so

Friend just sent a text and said we lost Neil Peart. Sad day, one of the best and quite an avid motorcyclist as well. Just a decent guy from all I have heard and read.. Every time it thunders I'll can't help but to think of my top three, Bonham, Peart andMoon. Rest in peace Mr Peart.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

Whistling Dixie!
    On the road again, I just cant wait to get off the road again,,,

Default Re: Say it ain't so

Quote Originally Posted by ramos View Post
    Friend just sent a text and said we lost Neil Peart. Sad day, one of the best and quite an avid motorcyclist as well. Just a decent guy from all I have heard and read.. Every time it thunders I'll can't help but to think of my top three, Bonham, Peart andMoon. Rest in peace Mr Peart.....
    Just seen it on a livestream chat. The world has just lost the best living percussionist. Let the rest figure out who is next in line for the vacated throne.
    The King is dead. Long live the King.

How does the milk of paradise taste Neil. RIP

Last edited by Sadwingsragn; 01-10-2020 at 10:04 PM.
    You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend.
    Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. #sand to the haters.Hidden Content

Raised by Wolves

Just heard this this afternoon. Sad day. He had much tragedy in his life, losing his daughter in a car accident and his wife to cancer a short time later. As a lyricist he was...ambitious! Perhaps a bit over the top, but you could never accuse him of being mundane. As a drummer, he was untouchable; Keith Moon chops with control and intellect. He not only was an avid motorcyclist, he wrote for a Canadian motorcycle magazine, wrote a book about motorcycling as part of his healing process after losing his family, and appeared as a guest on Motorcycle Experience, a long running Canadian motorcycle tv show. Just a good man in so many ways. He will be missed.

5. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

Sonya's a pretty kitty!

Never a Rush fan here, but a huge music and, of course, bikes fan. Commiserations to all those who knew and appreciated him.

J.

Raised by Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by Shackman View Post
    Never a Rush fan here, but a huge music and, of course, bikes fan. Commiserations to all those who knew and appreciated him.

J.
    Honestly, I'm not either, but I did admire Neil's talent as a drummer, and the fact that he refused to write cliche lyrics, whether or not he was successful in that attempt. His reach may have exceeded his grasp, but at least he never stopped trying to write something of substance. I respect that.

My hovercraft is full of eels

https://www.audible.com/author/Neil-...R13801112002W5

All of Neil Peart's books are FREE on audible until 1/28

even if you never cared for his music you should read these books about life and motorcycles.
    Ride to eat, eat to ride

Raised by Wolves

On Sirius XM radio -

Join us as we remember Neil Peart, influential drummer and lyricist for Rush. A limited-time Rush Tribute Channel will be available on Channel 717 through Tuesday, February 11
    at 3am ET.

George
    I wasn't born in Georgia , but I got here as fast as I could !

2010 XR in BLACK , with Supertrapp , V&H fuelpak , X shocks , Biltwell Tracker bar , Oberon bar-ends . Sargent seat .