Thirds gone! :( Interchangeability?
    Habitual Linestepper

Default Thirds gone! :( Interchangeability?

The title pretty much says it. Third gear is toast in my bike. I'm wanting to just buy and swap in an entire gear set instead of trying to change out just the f*cked up gears an whatever hassel comes with. So I was wondering if anyone knows, or could point me in the right direction of what bikes, if any have gear sets that are interchangable with our XRs. Also if in doing so I might be able to gain a bit of MPH in doing so. I mean 120ish is alright but I live on a 2 mile long road out in BFE almond country with only 2 neighbors for miles. It's kind of like having my own personal drag strip

2. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

Bronson Wannabe

Default Re: Thirds gone! :( Interchangeability?

buy this used set on ebay for $60.00 then install the Scotty mod (Lots of threads on how to do this...do a search)
    with the Scotty mod, you should be able to reach 135 mph, assuming every thing else is up to snuff

https://www.ebay.com/itm/09-Harley-D...QAAOSwu4BV5J4k

Last edited by CT XR rider; 09-22-2019 at 05:19 PM.
    Regards
    Roy

2009 XR 1200
    1983 XR 1000