Jerez 2019

Thread: Jerez 2019

Raised by Wolves

Default Jerez 2019

I hope that Quartararo doesn't have the same manager as Zarco ; he would probably have him sign with Kreidler or Malagutti next year ...
    Hidden Content
    Current bikes :
    2012 XR1200X
    2007 S2R 1000

2. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

Master of Space and Time

Default Re: Jerez 2019

Quote Originally Posted by RoadsteR View Post
    I hope that Quartararo doesn't have the same manager as Zarco ; he would probably have him sign with Kreidler or Malagutti next year ...

Ha. True.

Here is the latest: "

KTM CEO says Zarco performances "simply unacceptable" from https://us.motorsport.com/motogp/new...table/4383578/

Hmmm. Do you think it could be the bike? Zarco was a two time Moto 2 champion, shook up the MotoGP world on a Yamaha, and was only one spot behind Oliveira at Jerez .... Unacceptable?

My giant goes with me wherever I go.

I think someone should start a new Yamaha based satellite team and hire Zarco and Lorenzo ‘cause apparently they both can only ride the Yamabikes

I’m loving Quartararo .... and Morbidelli .... I picked ‘em both in my fantasy league ..... by the end of the season I’m gonna look like a genius
    "I've never been that scared going that slow."
    Scott Russell, former World SBK Champion, AMA Supersport and Superbike Champion and 5 time winner of the Daytona 200 (Mr. Daytona) commenting on his XR racing experience.

5. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

Raised by Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    I’m loving Quartararo .... and Morbidelli .... I picked ‘em both in my fantasy league ..... by the end of the season I’m gonna look like a genius

Magoo

My oldest son is always in the MLB and NFL fantasy league , sometimes multiple ones I think .

I didn't know they had one for MotoGP , but I guess it's no surprise .

One question - How does one have the the time for that endeavor ?

George
    I wasn't born in Georgia , but I got here as fast as I could !

2010 XR in BLACK , with Supertrapp , V&H fuelpak , X shocks , Biltwell Tracker bar , Oberon bar-ends . Sargent seat .

My giant goes with me wherever I go.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfield View Post
    Magoo

My oldest son is always in the MLB and NFL fantasy league , sometimes multiple ones I think .

I didn't know they had one for MotoGP , but I guess it's no surprise .

One question - How does one have the the time for that endeavor ?

George

Ha! It helps to be retired ... and lazy.

The MotoGP group I’m in is all Aussies and Brits, I’m the sole Yank in the mix. It’s a very low maintenance game. Everyone gets to pick 10 riders at the beginning of the season. You are stuck with those 10 all year, even if one is unable to compete. You score the same # of points as your cumulative riders.

Example: This sheet shows everyone’s picks -

83323B3C-88A6-4744-B6AC-14388AC7D50C.png

And here are the results from Jerez:

B2D664F9-8D16-41EC-8248-006CF43E6406.png

Its not as complicated or confusing as it looks. The game admin is a former pro road racer in Queensland, Australia, who loves Excel spreadsheets and he sends out results after each race.

I was the league champion last year by 1 point. I’m off to a slow start this year but feel like I’ll finish strong .... I’m hoping Cal Crutchlow gets the the flu or something for a couple of races, I really need him to do poorly in order for me to do well.

Yes, I am that selfish.
    "I've never been that scared going that slow."
    Scott Russell, former World SBK Champion, AMA Supersport and Superbike Champion and 5 time winner of the Daytona 200 (Mr. Daytona) commenting on his XR racing experience.

Raised by Wolves

Did anybody watch the Moto3 race? Particularly the bikes coming out of the last turn on the last lap.

One of the riders, back a few, maybe 5th or 6th, stands up on his bike (i.e. raises his buttocks up with hands still on the bars as we street riders do some time to stretch our legs), as he is accelerating out of turn in the drag race for the checkered.

Anybody else see that, and what's up with that?
    Last edited by djhurayt; 05-09-2019 at 01:18 PM.

Tweaker of Things

Cramped butt cheek?
    Phaedrus

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    Albert Einstein