#56 XR1200 - finally checking back in

Motorcyle Racer

Default #56 XR1200 - finally checking back in

Hi everyone, really sorry I didn't post any updates in 2018. Had decent results in my home race at Gingerman, 2nd place finishes in the SOT3 on XR1200 and a pair of 2nd's in Battle of Twins on the XB12. Road America the following weekend didn't go so well, got impatient in traffic in BOT and brake checked myself into a low side crash to avoid a lapper. Banged up the shoulder again - found out weeks later that I completely tore the rotator cuff off the bone. Went under the knife in August to have it reattached (took 5 anchors). I'm finally thru PT, and pretty much fit and ready to go. I will be posting a few extra parts for sale in the classified - building a big bore engine for the XB. Getting some really good dyno #'s on the XR as well. Pics attached are from Gingerman 2018. I actually led the Sound of Thunder 3 race up to the last lap - SV650 following me in the pic took the win - was super aggressive in lapped traffic on last lap.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

Raised by Wolves

Default Re: #56 XR1200 - finally checking back in

These are more than decent results !
    Sorry for your crash ; low sides can be brutal. Good to know that the shoulder is ok now.
    Those pics are impressive, on can feel the pressure coming from the guy behind !
    Hidden Content
    Current bikes :
    2012 XR1200X
    2007 S2R 1000

Master of Space and Time

I'm impressed more than I can say hutch. Brilliant, ballsy stuff.

J.

5. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

Motorcyle Racer

The #619 SV was on me the whole race. Made a couple of bonsai passed prior to the last lap - but ran wide each time - so wasn't able to make it stick.
    White flag lap, I hesitated on a lapper - he didn't. This was his 1st race win, so I was happy for him - but disappointed to lead the whole thing in front of family and friends and not win.
    Contribute this to my crash at Road America - last lap - again in traffic - guy parked it for some reason - I was going to hit him at the apex at full lean angle - so I touched the front brake!

Some of you might recognize the BMW following me on the Buell? Nate Kern on the factory sponsored R9, he was trying to teach this old dog a few new tricks - hopefully I can continue to pick up the pace in 2019.

Whistling Dixie!
    On the road again, I just cant wait to get off the road again,,,

You give e'm hell Hutch! Love seeing an XR still representing out there on the tracks. The next time you see the guy that that parked it in the apex look over at e'm and go

You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend.
    Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. #sand to the haters.Hidden Content

used ta could

Glad you’re back and healed up.
    You said you have extra parts for sale right after you said they reattached your rotator cuff with 5 anchors. I thought maybe you had some left over anchors....sorry. I’m silly.
    I love seeing pics of you and your XR on the track. Again....glad you’re back.

used ta could

Glad you’re back and healed up.
    You said you have extra parts for sale right after you said they reattached your rotator cuff with 5 anchors. I thought maybe you had some left over anchors....sorry. I’m silly.
    I love seeing pics of you and your XR on the track. Again....glad you’re back.

Motorcyle Racer

Thanks guys! the rotator cuff surgery rehab was pretty brutal (I had no idea it was going to be so bad) But I'm looking forward to getting back on the race track (both bikes are ready).

I am compiling a list of the extra parts - as well as a few special race only pieces I plan to sell to support the race program. Keep an eye on the classified list.

Greg H

the older I get.the faster I was

Glad to see you back, I was wondering what had become of you.
    Stay healthy and have fun showing the young guns how it's done.

I got no friends 'cause they read the papers, they can't be seen, with me.........
    Bum Fukc ......... Out Beyond the Pyramids

Hey Hutch, thanks for the report. Great pics too! Keep on chooglin'!
    Forecast for Tonioght: ALCOHOL,
    Low Standards and Poor Decisions

Raised by Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by hutch56 View Post
    Thanks guys! the rotator cuff surgery rehab was pretty brutal (I had no idea it was going to be so bad) But I'm looking forward to getting back on the race track (both bikes are ready).

I am compiling a list of the extra parts - as well as a few special race only pieces I plan to sell to support the race program. Keep an eye on the classified list.

Greg H

As a 35 year physical therapist, I know you are not kidding about the rehab after rotator cuff. That was not how I went about making friends during my career. Glad you're through it and moving on!

Master of Space and Time

Thanks for checking in. Glad you are on the mend. Hope you make it East this year.

Motorcyle Racer

Quote Originally Posted by gerrychuck View Post
    As a 35 year physical therapist, I know you are not kidding about the rehab after rotator cuff. That was not how I went about making friends during my career. Glad you're through it and moving on!
    PT guy told me on the 1st day "your not going to like me very much" he was right!

I had a very good shoulder surgeon - and I think that made a big difference. He's repaired many pro ball players, etc. Signed posters and jerseys line his office and waiting rooms. There is now one motorcycle racer hanging on his wall - just happens to be on an XR1200!

Raised by Wolves

Nice update. Love the pics. Hope the shoulder gets back to 100%!

Motorcyle Racer

Thanks J

Friends and family question my sanity for continuing to race the XR1200 (especially after it's pitched me off several times the last couple of seasons) but it's a fan favorite at the track, and on a good day, I can still run up front.

I've thought about hanging it up - and just concentrating on the XB12 in Battle of Twins - but guess I'm just not ready to do it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Shackman01 View Post
    I'm impressed more than I can say hutch. Brilliant, ballsy stuff.

J.

Master of Space and Time

Great pics Hutch! How comparable are your bikes / the XB and the XR to Nates NineT?

Motorcyle Racer

Quote Originally Posted by thomgoo View Post
    Great pics Hutch! How comparable is your XR to Nates NineT?
    XR isn't even in the same league with his 9T, But to be honest - he's plain outriding me (even on the Buell)
    The only reason he is behind me in the picture is - he would wave me by on the back straight, let me lead the race for a few turns, then pass me, let me follow him to see his lines. He did this for several laps, before checking out.
    He's a great guy, in addition to being really fast!

Master of Space and Time

I saw him in NJ at NJMP. I was watching turn 5, which is a hard left. He had some amazing lean angles. Surprised the heads were not touching down. Very fast.

Motorcyle Racer

He has sliders on the heads, because he's dragging them the turns. Pretty impressive

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
    I saw him in NJ at NJMP. I was watching turn 5, which is a hard left. He had some amazing lean angles. Surprised the heads were not touching down. Very fast.

Master of Space and Time

I also ride a nineT and also followed some of Nates activities; yes, he seems to be a very nice guy and an excellent racer!