Revisit Colorado? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Wapiti Slayer

Default Re: Revisit Colorado?

At this point, I'm counting myself in, and the end of August would work out great. I'd like to grab a cabin & split rooms/rental with a NON-SNORER or two! Also interested in riding down with others along the way, I'd be coming from Montana.
    "You can't stop what's coming"....
    Bikes/Toy's:

1982 Harley-Davidson FXRS
    '12 Dyna Switchback 103"
    '09 XR 1200-LOVE THIS BIKE!
    '09 XL 1200L-My Honey's
    '08 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI HO
    '06 KTM 400 EXC Racing
    '72 Rupp Roadster II
    '66 Aermacchi-Harley M50 Sport
    '67 Aermacchi-Harley M65
    '68 Aermacchi-Harley Sprint SS250
    '69 Aermacchi-Harley Rapido MLS 125cc
    '71 Aermacchi Harley Sprint SS350
    '72 Aermacchi-Harley M65s Shortster
    '73 & '74 Aermacchi-Harley X-90

2. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

Raised by Wolves

At the moment, I'm not even confident the Canada/US border will be open by then, so on the sidelines I will sit for the time being.

This cat has seven left..

I just saw an update on the news saying another month myself. Hope it works out for you!

Don't touch me there!

Quote Originally Posted by Durango Kid View Post
    Hey all, hoope everyone is well!

Crazy times we’re living in. Didn’t know the status of where this COVID 19 crap was going after Gunnison was one of the first places to shut down with all this a few months back. didn’t want to get caught up in all the hype so I have chosen to stay relatively dark online for a while. At this point in time, having a better understanding of the real threat and restrictions we are likely to see by late summer, I am inclined to move forward and plan to spend this time up in Gunnison.
    I spoke with a really nice gal (Suzie) at Gunnison KOA yesterday. They are open for the season and she tells me that they have quite a bit open Aug 27-30. I told her it probably be a max of 20-30ppl and potentially a mix between tent sites and RV sites. She said they get moto groups a lot and would look to put us near the pavilion if we let he know the name of our group when we call to make reservations.

Rates quoted to me over the phone are:

Tent sites-$40/night, for up to 4 ppl.
    RV sites-$42.50/night with water and electric hookup
    RV sites-$47.00/night for full hook-up

We did not discuss lodging on the phone but from I can tell from there website it looks like they do have some cabins available for $60, $70 and $120 a night.

I personally can’t think of a better way to spend a weekend reasonably social distant and I know that the rides and sites will be well worth the risk of planning for this trip to happen. If all hell break loose between now and then, then so be it, but I don’t think that’s gonna happen so it’s time to plan for the best I say.

Chime in with your thoughts as I am looking forward to hearing who Is still in. I am going to making a tent site reservation tomorrow and will be informing Suzie that The name of out group is ‘XROG’ for reference.

Cheers,
    DK (Fred)
    This is great, thanks Fred! I'm currently planning to join, subject to work and spousal approvals (of course!) and general conditions.
    I had a blast the last time and have to say that the Colorado roads are right up there among the best I've ever ridden with CO 92 at the top of my list, I really hope that we can make this happen.

I spoke with Suzie at KOA again yesterday and she clarified that while tent site rates are $40/night for up to 4 ppl, the rate for 2 ppl is actually $30/ night. Sites can be shared so this drops the price even further obviously. She also stated that it is probably best to ask for her by name if you call in for an ‘XROG’ reservation because they have a lot of employees and that info could get lost in translation..

Happy 4th weekend and hope everyone is having a good summer so far.

Pulse check, who's planning to come to Gunnison?

Don't touch me there!

Quote Originally Posted by Durango Kid View Post
    Happy 4th weekend and hope everyone is having a good summer so far.

Pulse check, who's planning to come to Gunnison?
    Still kinda sorta planning on it. The way things are looking now I'm not too sure though. I think if things continue to get worse I'll probably stick close to home which seems to be the recommendation for now.

Raised by Wolves

Was really sure I was going but now I don’t know. I thought this whole Covid thing would be over but states are shutting things down again . Probably gonna have to wait and see what happens.
    Reschedule for next year what’s everyone think ?
    It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live. -Marcus Aurelius

I hear you both and understand the tentative status. Just got back from 5 days with no consistent cell/internet and a lot changes in a week. Lot of people dying right now.. We’ll have to see in a few more weeks I guess and I hope you all stay well.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234