Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Phaedrus

Default November 10, 1775

Happy Birthday Marines

MARINE CORPS ORDERS
    No. 47 (Series 1921)
    HEADQUARTERS U.S. MARINE CORPS
    Washington, November 1, 1921

759. The following will be read to the command on the 10th of November, 1921, and hereafter on the 10 November of every year. Should the order not be received by the 10th of November, 1921, it will be read upon receipt.

(1) On November 10, 1775, a Corps of Marines was created by a resolution of Continental Congress. Since that date many thousand men have borne the name "Marine". In memory of them it is fitting that we who are Marines should commemorate the birthday of our corps by calling to mind the glories of its long and illustrious history.

(2) The record of our corps is one which will bear comparison with that of the most famous military organizations in the world's history. During 90 of the 146 years of its existence the Marine Corps has been in action against the Nation's foes. From the Battle of Trenton to the Argonne, Marines have won foremost honors in war, and in the long eras of tranquility at home, generation after generation of Marines have grown gray in war in both hemispheres and in every corner of the seven seas, that our country and its citizens might enjoy peace and security.

(3) In every battle and skirmish since the birth of our corps, Marines have acquitted themselves with the greatest distinction, winning new honors on each occasion until the term "Marine" has come to signify all that is highest in military efficiency and soldierly virtue.

(4) This high name of distinction and soldierly repute we who are Marines today have received from those who preceded us in the corps. With it we have also received from them the eternal spirit which has animated our corps from generation to generation and has been the distinguishing mark of the Marines in every age. So long as that spirit continues to flourish Marines will be found equal to every emergency in the future as they have been in the past, and the men of our Nation will regard us as worthy successors to the long line of illustrious men who have served as "Soldiers of the Sea" since the founding of the Corps.

JOHN A. LEJEUNE,
    Major General Commandant
    75705—21

2. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

I like to think you killed a man. It's the romantic in me.

From the Halls of Montezuma to the shores or Tripoli!

Happy Birthday!

www.jp2code.net

Default Semper Fi

Oorah! Thanks for this, Phaedrus.

5. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

www.jp2code.net

Thank you, Sir.

May I have another?

Mech Class Drop Out

Cool

Semper Fi!
    2011 White XR1200
    1973 Suzuki RV125
    1981 1000 Ironhead (gone)
    2003 XLH 883 (gone)
    1969 Honda CL70 Scrambler (gone)

www.jp2code.net

qed

Necessity is the Mother of INVENTION,,,,Fear is reserved for our Mothers! Life is all about ass; You’re either covering it, Laughing it off, Kicking it, Kissing it, Busting it, Trying to get a piece of it

Phad Greetings, Never serving in the military thank you for the quote from the major general. My heart goes out to the men and women who have worn the uniform. Just maybe I can be of some help against the tyranny here in our country when the time comes to show my respect. God willing!!! The Lord knows I have enough weapons and ammo to stop a small army for weeks maybe months

Things are not always what they seem to be.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    Oorah! Thanks for this, Phaedrus.
    +1
    Current Rides:
    2011 XR1200x
    2016 Yamaha XSR900 KR Yellow/Black
    2014 H-D Ultra Classic Limited
    two 2013 Vespa LXV150's
    2012 Triumph Bonneville T100
    1986 Suzuki GSXR 750
    1985 Yamaha RZ350

Use to own:
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250r
    2002 H-D Ultra Classic
    1992 H-D FXLR Custom
    1986 Kawasaki Concours
    1983 Suzuki GS750e
    1981 Honda CB900F
    1980 Honda CB750f
    1977 Kawasaki KZ650 Custom
    1972 Honda CL 350

Kinder gentler machine gun world

Semper Fi! and Happy Birthday Marine Corp!
    When a woman says "What?" it's not because she didn't hear you.....She's giving you a chance to change what you just said

One of the Few

Semper Fi Gents, Glad to see a few other Jarheads on here.
    Ride as if every day is your last day.

www.jp2code.net

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Happy Birthday Marines

MARINE CORPS ORDERS
    No. 47 (Series 1921)

759. The following will be read to the command on the 10th of November, 1921, and hereafter on the 10 November of every year. Should the order not be received by the 10th of November, 1921, it will be read upon receipt.

(1) On November 10, 1775, a Corps of Marines was created by a resolution of Continental Congress. Since that date many thousand men have borne the name "Marine". In memory of them it is fitting that we who are Marines should commemorate the birthday of our corps by calling to mind the glories of its long and illustrious history.

(2) The record of our corps is one which will bear comparison with that of the most famous military organizations in the world's history. During 90 of the 146 years of its existence the Marine Corps has been in action against the Nation's foes. From the Battle of Trenton to the Argonne, Marines have won foremost honors in war, and in the long eras of tranquility at home, generation after generation of Marines have grown gray in war in both hemispheres and in every corner of the seven seas, that our country and its citizens might enjoy peace and security.

(3) In every battle and skirmish since the birth of our corps, Marines have acquitted themselves with the greatest distinction, winning new honors on each occasion until the term "Marine" has come to signify all that is highest in military efficiency and soldierly virtue.

(4) This high name of distinction and soldierly repute we who are Marines today have received from those who preceded us in the corps. With it we have also received from them the eternal spirit which has animated our corps from generation to generation and has been the distinguishing mark of the Marines in every age. So long as that spirit continues to flourish Marines will be found equal to every emergency in the future as they have been in the past, and the men of our Nation will regard us as worthy successors to the long line of illustrious men who have served as "Soldiers of the Sea" since the founding of the Corps.

JOHN A. LEJEUNE,
    Major General Commandant
    75705—21
    Bump.

Happy Birthday Marines!.......About 15 of us Marines who now serve in the Army stopped our work today to celebrate the Marine Corp Birthday........We read the orders and the oldest marines passed the first cut piece of cake (by the highest ranking) to the youngest Marine present......

2012-11-10 16.03.41.jpg
    When a woman says "What?" it's not because she didn't hear you.....She's giving you a chance to change what you just said

www.jp2code.net

Happy Birthday Marines

MARINE CORPS ORDERS
    No. 47 (Series 1921)

JOHN A. LEJEUNE,
    Major General Commandant
    75705—21
    A bit premature, but I'm bumping this up now. I'll be out, working the wells tomorrow for most of the day.

Semper Fidelis.

Tweaker of Things

Happy 238th Marines! Semper Fi!!

Thanks for republishing the message Joe! I'll drink a toast to you later today!
    Phaedrus

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    Albert Einstein

Master of Space and Time

B.I.T.S

Master of Space and Time

Happy 238th Marines!
    Please accept a salute from North of the border. As a Canadian who spends 4 or 5 months in your great country each year, I thank you for your service.

Things are not always what they seem to be.

Thumbs up Happy 238th Birthday Marines!!

Current Rides:
    2011 XR1200x
    2016 Yamaha XSR900 KR Yellow/Black
    2014 H-D Ultra Classic Limited
    two 2013 Vespa LXV150's
    2012 Triumph Bonneville T100
    1986 Suzuki GSXR 750
    1985 Yamaha RZ350

Use to own:
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250r
    2002 H-D Ultra Classic
    1992 H-D FXLR Custom
    1986 Kawasaki Concours
    1983 Suzuki GS750e
    1981 Honda CB900F
    1980 Honda CB750f
    1977 Kawasaki KZ650 Custom
    1972 Honda CL 350

I got no friends 'cause they read the papers, they can't be seen, with me.........
    Bum Fukc ......... Out Beyond the Pyramids

Happy 238th Marines! Semper Fi!!

Thanks for republishing the message Joe! I'll drink a toast to you later today!
    Quote Originally Posted by berkhippie View Post
    +300,000,000
    Forecast for Tonioght: ALCOHOL,
    Low Standards and Poor Decisions

Shoot straight

Happy Birthday to the Corps. I have great respect for those who choose to serve in the defense of our nation, and the highest of all for those who serve or have served in the Corps.

(I hope the REMF's can forestall the adoption of the new girlie hats, however.)
    Hidden Content "My mule don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him." -The man with no name. aka Blondie.

Happy Birthday MARINES!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast