People, right? Who the f**k knows what they’ll do next. :yinyang:
    My giant goes with me wherever I go.

Default People, right? Who the f**k knows what they’ll do next. :yinyang:

Ran up to Lowes and Walmart this morning to pick up some stuff for home chores. Rode the KTM ‘cause I can carry a ton o’ stuff in those bags.

Anywhooo, finish my shopping, walk out in the parking and there are 2 Honda Groms parked next to my KTM. I dig Groms so I’m interested. These little bikes are covered with touring gear. Saddlebags, panniers, whatever, tank bags, handlebar mounted comm and navigation systems. And there are two young dudes standing along side buckling their helmets up.

Of course I have to talk to these two

Turns out they are riding from San Francisco to Tampa. Florida, and doing Instagram and vlogs along the way. They talked Honda into sponsoring the trip and they are well over halfway. I would have loved to taken them to breakfast and heard their whole story but I know they were anxious to split so I just wished ‘em Godspeed and let ‘em go. But now I’m following them on Instagram and Twitter

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41A9950D-D951-47F0-A439-EE98C9C750D7.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	207.4 KB 
ID:	233854 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5895ECAD-514E-4B3E-A5AF-40904A9DA166.jpg 
Size:	216.0 KB 
ID:	233856
    "I've never been that scared going that slow."
    Scott Russell, former World SBK Champion, AMA Supersport and Superbike Champion and 5 time winner of the Daytona 200 (Mr. Daytona) commenting on his XR racing experience.

2. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

User Title Here

Default Re: People, right? Who the f**k knows what they’ll do next. :yinyang:

How fun? I would totally do it if I’m younger and richer!

Whistling Dixie!
    On the road again, I just cant wait to get off the road again,,,

Hmmmm,,, think Harley might sponsor me if I did a coast to coast to coast to coast run on a no longer produced model bike of theirs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend.
    Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. #sand to the haters.Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

User Title Here

Quote Originally Posted by Sadwingsragn View Post
    Hmmmm,,, think Harley might sponsor me if I did a coast to coast to coast to coast run on a no longer produced model bike of theirs?

Im in if you get Harley to sponsor. I’m already ahead of the game, I’m in Washington State, good starting point!

Raised by Wolves

Count me in

Master of Space and Time

Quote Originally Posted by Sadwingsragn View Post

Sadly, I doubt HD have enough imagination to concieve of that. A few years ago guy called Steve Grace rode an XR1200 clear across Australia, through the Simpson desert and all, coast to coast. Not a peep out of HD Australia. But Honda, that's a different story. A couple of those cute little Groms span the USA and they get behind it. Clever marketing.

J.

User Title Here

If we can pitch to HD that it will increase their accessories sale by XX% or how they can attract more younger crowd to HD, then I bet they will jump all over it! Otherwise, don’t waste your time!

Raised by Wolves

did you sign the gas tank?

I got no friends 'cause they read the papers, they can't be seen, with me.........
    Bum Fukc ......... Out Beyond the Pyramids

Dude needs more sunscreen:

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	233878

Kidding aside, that is quite an endeavor on a Grom. Tip of the lid to the young fellas!
    Forecast for Tonioght: ALCOHOL,
    Low Standards and Poor Decisions

My giant goes with me wherever I go.

Quote Originally Posted by geno View Post
    Dude needs more sunscreen:

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	233878

Kidding aside, that is quite an endeavor on a Grom. Tip of the lid to the young fellas!
    Good eye, Geno!

There’s an old adage in golf, never gamble with a guy who has a “Lee Trevino” tan like that!
    "I've never been that scared going that slow."
    Scott Russell, former World SBK Champion, AMA Supersport and Superbike Champion and 5 time winner of the Daytona 200 (Mr. Daytona) commenting on his XR racing experience.