2017 Road King

Thread: 2017 Road King

User Title Here

Default 2017 Road King

The Road King was the answer to my wife’s question “Where do I sit” after she saw the conversion of the XR to an XLCR meant it was now a single seater. I said, “Well, I guess we have to get another bike.” I know, smooth right? ;-)

Seriously, I was happy she wanted to share riding with me and the Road King reminded me of the bikes my grandparents rode. They owned the H-D dealership in Sheridan, Wyoming in the 50s and early 60s. My grandmother was one of the early members of the Motor Maids and I have this picture of me as a very young lad sitting on one of her dressers from the early 60s.

The Road King reminded me of her last bike and after renting one from my local H-D dealer for a day I bought one just like the one I rented and added the tour pak.

We have taken it on a couple of overnight trips together, I did a four day trip to Tail of the Dragon on it and next week will be riding it to H-D HQs for the H-D Experience day and a tour of the engine plant.

Added the Hammock seat and it is a huge improvement, Daymaker lights, extra LEDs on the saddlebags, and the combo speedo/tach that shows more information at once rather than having to cycle through it. And it lights up in cool colors that are customizable. Yeah, that’s why I really got it ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

2. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

Habitual Linestepper

Default Re: 2017 Road King

Nice choice. The M8 is a wonderful engine.

Master of Space and Time

How is the suspension when riding with a passenger? This was a weak point with earlier model years.

5. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

User Title Here

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
    How is the suspension when riding with a passenger? This was a weak point with earlier model years.
    No issues with passenger on board. Have to remove a saddleback to get to the suspension adjuster. Just turn the big knob, no tools needed. Just like the 2018 Fat Bob (which is easily accessible). She is much happy with the Hammock seat as well which helps absorb some of the shock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro