"Old Bastards" Vintage Show
    Master of Space and Time

Default "Old Bastards" Vintage Show

Not much of a show, but on a slow Sunday, it's all I got.........

The Old Bastards originated in Bastard County, I believe, hence the appropriate name.
    So, me and a bunch of just generic old bastards rode up the Ottawa valley, and into Quebec. I took the KTM as my weapon of choice, since for this type of day, you never know whether you will end up in a farmer's field. I have a better chance of extricating myself with a 350lb bike. Turned out to be a parking lot for a small hotel, so no off-roading.

Click image for larger version.

Name:	old bastards 002.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	229.0 KB
ID:	231306

Name:	old bastards 003.jpg
Size:	302.8 KB
ID:	231314

Name:	old bastards 005.jpg
Size:	294.9 KB
ID:	231330

Name:	old bastards 007.jpg
Size:	292.5 KB
ID:	231346

Name:	old bastards 008.jpg
Size:	317.1 KB
ID:	231354

Name:	old bastards 009.jpg
Size:	238.8 KB
ID:	231362

Name:	old bastards 010.jpg
Size:	301.1 KB
ID:	231370

Of course, sometimes the people are more interesting than the bikes. This is Bubba, (and Mrs. Bubba), who has set up his Ural sidecar rig like a home on wheels. Makes a good lawn chair, he said, as she reclined gracefully in the sidecar, feet propped up on the dash.

Name:	old bastards 006.jpg
Size:	288.3 KB
ID:	231338
    Bear in mind this is rural Quebec, not SoCal. Buncha old crocks enjoying some other old crocks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails old bastards 004.jpg
    "The world is all the richer for having a devil in it, so long as we keep our foot upon his neck."
    William James

2. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

My giant goes with me wherever I go.

Default Re: "Old Bastards" Vintage Show

Harry, did they name this show after you?

You were sorely missed in Waynesville this year. We were going to place a wreath where you went down but it seemed pointless in your absence
    "I've never been that scared going that slow."
    Scott Russell, former World SBK Champion, AMA Supersport and Superbike Champion and 5 time winner of the Daytona 200 (Mr. Daytona) commenting on his XR racing experience.

Raised by Wolves

Looks like a fun day.
    Magoo, you are incorrigible.

5. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

Master of Space and Time

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    Harry, did they name this show after you?

You were sorely missed in Waynesville this year. We were going to place a wreath where you went down but it seemed pointless in your absence
    Well, I appreciate the thought, (although a wreath seems a little over-the-top since I did walk away )
    I do try to learn from my mistakes tho. Today, I spotted some gravel ( that would be "Pebble Beach" in Jarhead-speak ). It wasn't at the apex, it was a noticeable pathway of gravel following the line of the curve. So being helpful Harry, I was waving my foot around so vigorously, I almost gave myself a hernia. Being in Quebec, these moments call for some traditional Quebecois profanity, so I muttered a few "Tabarnaks".
    "The world is all the richer for having a devil in it, so long as we keep our foot upon his neck."
    William James

Raised by Wolves
    Up a dirt road in the middle of the Portuguese Alentejo. Beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by flattrkr View Post
    Well, I appreciate the thought, (although a wreath seems a little over-the-top since I did walk away )
    I do try to learn from my mistakes tho. Today, I spotted some gravel ( that would be "Pebble Beach" in Jarhead-speak ). It wasn't at the apex, it was a noticeable pathway of gravel following the line of the curve. So being helpful Harry, I was waving my foot around so vigorously, I almost myself a hernia. Being in Quebec, these moments call for some traditional Quebecois profanity, so I muttered a few "Tabarnaks".
    I speak a couple of languages (pathetically badly) other than my own. Oddly, I've taken to swearing in them in moments of terror. It's somehow more satisfying.

Raised by Wolves

Bear in mind this is rural Quebec, not SoCal. Buncha old crocks enjoying some other old crocks

I think I would prefer that to socal any day.

Master of Space and Time

Fantastic pics and obviously a great day, Harry. Is there treally and ruly a Bastard County in Canada? Almost sounds too good to be true.

J.

I got no friends 'cause they read the papers, they can't be seen, with me.........
    Bum Fukc ......... Out Beyond the Pyramids

Some cool bikes and pics there Harry!
    Forecast for Tonioght: ALCOHOL,
    Low Standards and Poor Decisions

www.jp2code.net

Neat pics.

Seeing that old side car made me think of the guy who did that to his XR (Pago Cruiser or something like that). Does he ever post?

Master of Space and Time

Quote Originally Posted by Shackman01 View Post
    Fantastic pics and obviously a great day, Harry. Is there treally and ruly a Bastard County in Canada? Almost sounds too good to be true.

J.
    Turns out it was a Township, and Bastard Township was originally part of the County of Leeds and Grenville, (east of where I live).
    It's not hard to see the Scottish and English influence in this part of Ontario. I live in the County of Stormont, Dundas, and Glengarry.
    Lots of interesting theories about how the name came to be.......................but it's real

Name:	lee-m-bastard.jpg
Size:	198.3 KB
ID:	231394
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails title-heritage-sml.gif
    William James