After getting my new to me XR up to around 1200 miles I decided today was the day to swap out the blood. Having had great luck with Motul in other applications I went with their recommended 7100 with a K&N filter. Change couldn't have been easier (love the drain tube!!) and the engine feels great, freer revving than the Dino oil I believe was in there.
Also installed the digital oil temp and level dipstick, works great but it seems to be stuck. Oh well, a problem for another day.
Anyway, I'll let you know how the bike does with the Motul as I pile on some miles. Have some Mobil 1 for the primary.