XL and 883R

Thread: XL and 883R

Habitual Linestepper

Default XL and 883R

My 1992 XL 883. Came to me ridiculously lowered, with offensively loud SE slip-ons and a Biltwell seat that was like sitting on a milk crate

fitted 13 1/2" shocks and Roadster fork tubes (a local chopper frame builder had a great stack of both, from bikes he'd lowered), and he also made the exhaust from stainless. Stock seat from eBay, megaphone from Armour's

IMG_1125.jpg

image.jpg

Early 90s 883R (supposedly, although I doubt it...) built for Sport Twins series, then had a further career as a local racebike in Illinois. Brought to UK and now racing in DTRA Championship

IMG_3476.jpg

IMG_3477.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

Harley Rider

Default Re: XL and 883R

I have a 2007 883R that is a blast on twisty roads.
    My Bikes:
    2012 Harley Davidson Dyna Superglide
    2009 Harley Davidson XR 1200
    2007 Harley Davidson 883R
    2009 Harley Davidson 1200 low
    2005 Harley Davidson 1200 custom

Master of Space and Time

Default Re: XL and 883R

Quote Originally Posted by 45Brit View Post

Early 90s 883R (supposedly, although I doubt it...) built for Sport Twins series, then had a further career as a local racebike in Illinois. Brought to UK and now racing in DTRA Championship

IMG_3476.jpg

IMG_3477.jpg
    Hey, 45, nice job on the XL, but the history of the 883R is fascinating. I used to watch the 883 Race Series in the US and Canada, and loved it, although the superbike fans were appalled. The XR1200 Race series got the same reaction, although the racing was close and competitive.
    I looked at the entry rules for bikes in the DTRA, and it seems pretty wide open.
    You say the bike "is now racing in the DTRA Championship". Are you racing it? It looked hard enough to road race an 883, but it would seem to be a handful to flat track one.
    Anyway, welcome to the forum from Canada,
    "The world is all the richer for having a devil in it, so long as we keep our foot upon his neck."
    William James