XR1200 Owners Group banner

What's the best bike winch on the market ....???

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  roginoz 
#1 · (Edited)
I've been thinking on a motorcycle recovery service for when I'm semi retired... so I'll be in the market for some kind of bike lifting winch thingie... so what's the best , value for money , quality built one out there ....

#3 ·
Re: Whats's the best bike winch on the market ....???

Looks ok for loading, but looks like a bitch to get off. I've always liked trailers as you can leave the bike on and drop the trailer if you want. this is the type I use:

These drop deck box trailers have a huge number of uses other than motorcycles. The one I have is rented out all the time. You can get them in very high capacity as well to move fork lifts, scissor lifts, etc..

Do a google search for "drop deck utility trailer" or "drop deck equipment trailer", Do not use the word "motorcycle" in your search.

#4 ·

Why not get a motorcycle trailer with a quick release hitch... for when you are chased by the "owner" with a gun.

#5 ·

it's a legit business......)(

you break it ...:oops:

call me and I'll cart the bitch home, repair shop, storage shed, girlfriends house , or anywhere you like it to be dropped off....

then pay up $ucker.......:beer:

#6 ·
Lol.... Language barrier .... So, you're talking about a picking up broken down and out of fuel bikes .... In Australia that's prolly a good idea .... When you say bike "recovery" up here it means bike "repossession" for finance companies -an understandably dangerous business :devil:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.