XR1200 Owners Group banner

New touring Sportster

8K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  Boomie 
#1 ·
See less See more
#4 ·
A really good touring bike IMO would be a cross between an XR and a Buell Ulysses - stretched suspension, good ground clearance, good brakes, good lights, plenty of room 2-up with luggage, big tank range, grunty motor. Hmmm, I think Suzuki have just released a 1000cc V-Strom.................

#11 ·
So you bolt on some bags and an accessory windshield and you have a completely new model? And model that is a light-handling tourer? Except there is zero handling because of the lack of ground clearance?

I have a Honda Shadow TOURMASTER .75 for sale if you want a real lightweight-touring-cruiser.

TOURMASTER .75 you ask? Extremely rare. I took a stock Shadow 750 and bolted hard bags and a quick-release windshield to it.

Plant Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

#17 ·
I think I'd prefer my touring Sportster.

2007 883R, Racetech emulators in front, HD Progressives in back, bags, windscreen, USB plug, some other junk. Real comfy and I can stand on the pegs when I want to horse around.

If HD wanted a *touring* Sportster they'd need to have it able to mount RK bags - or something more than what anyone can do in 20 minutes with a JP cycles catalog.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.