XR1200 Owners Group banner

Place your Bets..............

6K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  magoo 
#1 ·
Here are the 10 qualifiers for the four-race AMA Pro Vance & Hines Harley-Davidson XR Showdown, which begins with a double-header round held in conjunction with the Indianapolis Grand Prix at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, August 16-18. These riders will race for the XR series title and $60K in prize money paid out at the end of the season.

1. Steve Rapp
2. Tyler O’Hara
3. Michael Barnes
4. Travis Wyman
5. Benjamin Carlson
6. Shane Narbonne
7. Nicholas Hansen
8. David Estok
9. Josh Chisum
10. Barrett Long

My money is on the Rapper...........++

#2 ·
Tyler O'Hara...

...if he can keep his hands to himself. :whistling:

#5 ·
RappRappRapp, they call him the Rapper :)

This four race deal for a piece of that $60,000 is going to change the template a little, IMHO.

Rapp has been dominate, in part, due to his situation. He's not dealing with the bike or the race details, he's off doing his full time job, which is flying airplanes. He just shows up at the track, gets on his immaculately prepped XR, and races. No stress, no mess. Winner winner, chicken dinner :clap:

But, I think this four race thing is gonna get in his head a little.

Tyler O'Hara, on the other hand, has been fighting and clawing for every inch....he's a Spartan....a warrior...he never has enough money, certainly not the resources of Spykes H-D, and he and Josh Chisum travel race to race on a shoestring...he NEEDS that money, he wants that money, he's gonna get that money by whatever means necessary.

Barney got the big check last year that should have been Tyler's. I don't think karma is going to let him win again.

Travis Wyman is 3rd or 4th.

To me it's a two dog race.....O'Hara or Rapp......I think Rapp has the equipment and support edge, O'Hara has the desire edge. To paraphrase John Madden, Steve Rapp is the kinda' guy I'd like my sister to marry but Tyler O'Hara is the kinda' guy I'd like my sister to bet on.

My money is on Tyler :clap: :clap:

#7 ·
:) .... That song sucks as much now as it did then :)

#13 ·
#15 ·
So, who won? I don't watch these things, ya know.
XR Showdown, which begins with a double-header round held in conjunction with the Indianapolis Grand Prix at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, August 16-18.

I'll let you know right after the end of the season Joe.

#19 ·
Me to my darling wife just now - "Wow honey, guess what they've restarted? Remember why I told you I wanted to get an XR, the only Harley I could possibly see myself on 'cause of seeing them race at Indy and actually hanging out in the pits around them? What've we got on the calendar in mid August? Hot Damn!!!.......... Oh,wait.......well SH#T!! It's a thread from 2013......never mind....

#20 ·
Lol ... just like in my garage :) we try not to throw anything away around here ... you never know when it may come in handy :) ..... seriously I've made the same mistake, be reading a thread thinking it's new then check the date and it's 5 years old.

The good news you won't find any posts older than Jan, 2009, cause that's when we were born! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.