Add Ebay listings here ......XR1200 parts and whole bikes on ebay... - Page 140
Page 140 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4090130131132133134135136137138139140141142 LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,800 of 2825
    Bronson Wannabe

Default Re: Add Ebay listings here ......XR1200 parts and whole bikes on ebay...

Quote Originally Posted by darbgnik View Post
    Is that a good price???
    No!, not a good price...that's what they cost when new!
    Regards
    Roy

2009 XR 1200
    1983 XR 1000

2. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

User Title Here

Default Re: Add Ebay listings here ......XR1200 parts and whole bikes on ebay...

Quote Originally Posted by CT XR rider View Post
    No!, not a good price...that's what they cost when new!
    But they don't make them anymore, correct? So kind of a sellers market, maybe?

Sonya's a pretty kitty!

Quote Originally Posted by darbgnik View Post
    But they don't make them anymore, correct? So kind of a sellers market, maybe?
    darbgnik,

Avoid. Search around instead. Even if you get the cracks welded up it's going to crack again somewhere else. The mild steel V & H's just don't have a good rep, although the stainless steel ones do, but those are now super rare. Quite a few of us including me just kept the stock HD primaries & collector but put some slip ons on. I removed my heat sheilds & ceramic coated the primaries & collector when I put a pair of FMF cans on 8 years ago and have been more than happy since with the results. Whatever works for you but I suggest you pass on those ugly suckers regardless of price.

J.

Let's Ride

Shackman, Do you remember the name or part number for the FMF slip on's? I've seen some on a couple of XR's and would like to get a hold of a set.

Quote Originally Posted by Shackman View Post
    darbgnik,

Avoid. Search around instead. Even if you get the cracks welded up it's going to crack again somewhere else. The mild steel V & H's just don't have a good rep, although the stainless steel ones do, but those are now super rare. Quite a few of us including me just kept the stock HD primaries & collector but put some slip ons on. I removed my heat sheilds & ceramic coated the primaries & collector when I put a pair of FMF cans on 8 years ago and have been more than happy since with the results. Whatever works for you but I suggest you pass on those ugly suckers regardless of price.

J.

Sonya's a pretty kitty!

Quote Originally Posted by Chipmaker View Post
    Shackman, Do you remember the name or part number for the FMF slip on's? I've seen some on a couple of XR's and would like to get a hold of a set.
    Chipmaker,

Sorry, I don't have a part no. for the FMF's. Or a name other than our model designation. I got real lucky and snapped up my pair when they appeared in the classifieds here around 2012, or was it 2011? I seem to remember paying about $600 Australian for them, inc freight. In my world that's not cheap for exhausts but they are carbon fibre/titanium, and sound great, a delightful burble around town until gassed harder when they become more Ducati-like. I recommend them highly but don't think FMF have any more to sell, unless maybe you could per$uade them to make you another set. ASBO in the UK also made cans for the XR, probably equally good. I'm sure there are still other manufacturers who make quality slip ons for the XR or which could work on the XR, Termignoni for instance, or Akrapovic. Try Genial Motor in Italy, for Termi exhaust components, I just imported some Brembo rotors for the XR and Genial were very fast to respond and to get them here to Melbourne Australia, not cheap though. Good luck!

J.

Bidness Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Chipmaker View Post
    Chipmaker,

Sorry, I don't have a part no. for the FMF's. Or a name other than our model designation. I got real lucky and snapped up my pair when they appeared in the classifieds here around 2012, or was it 2011? I seem to remember paying about $600 Australian for them, inc freight. In my world that's not cheap for exhausts but they are carbon fibre/titanium, and sound great, a delightful burble around town until gassed harder when they become more Ducati-like. I recommend them highly but don't think FMF have any more to sell, unless maybe you could per$uade them to make you another set. ASBO in the UK also made cans for the XR, probably equally good. I'm sure there are still other manufacturers who make quality slip ons for the XR or which could work on the XR, Termignoni for instance, or Akrapovic. Try Genial Motor in Italy, for Termi exhaust components, I just imported some Brembo rotors for the XR and Genial were very fast to respond and to get them here to Melbourne Australia, not cheap though. Good luck!

J.

I'd like to see your cans. 😎
    But seriously, I have the FMF full system but I've never seen the slip ons.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_20170322-082439_1603231647606.jpg  
    2009 XR1200
    XR1200X Black Crate Engine, FMF Full Titanium exhaust, K&N air filter, HD Race Tuner, Racetech Gold Valves and springs in the forks, 16" Progressive 970 piggyback shocks, HD Forty-Eight bar, R&G Racing tail tidy, removed passenger pegs and belt guards, smoked turn signal lenses, mini LED rear turn signals, professionally painted gloss white, gloss black powdercoat on swingarm, pulley and other pieces, bronze powdercoated wheels

Raised by Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by krid80 View Post
    I'd like to see your cans. 😎
    But seriously, I have the FMF full system but I've never seen the slip ons.

No part# Here sound of slip on mufflers

Wat yu sai?

These are the only ones I’ve seen for some time. Looking at about $825 all said and done to your door for these:

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r432902436

Sonya's a pretty kitty!

Thx yt. There you go Chipmaker, model name is Apex. I remember that drive by vid from years ago, thx Jim.

$825 USD isn't cheap for used but they are cf & ti with a ss bracket so the component quality is there, along with lightness. Just one thing though; I found it necessary after all to brace the outlet end with a strap down from the bikes subframe because the unrestrained rear end of the muffler cans was starting to flap around on bumps, encouraging premature wear of the internal (? aluminium) collars at the inlet side. I mean, they are light, just not quite that light. So yeah, just to protect my inve$tment I reluctantly added that brace, which is hanging in there to this day.

Chip & krid80, if you search my posts you'll find pics of my cans & this work. Try either Shackman or Shackman01. Sorry, I can't link to it/them from this little tablet

J.

Let's Ride

Thx yt. There you go Chipmaker, model name is Apex. I remember that drive by vid from years ago, thx Jim.

$825 USD isn't cheap for used but they are cf & ti with a ss bracket so the component quality is there, along with lightness. Just one thing though; I found it necessary after all to brace the outlet end with a strap down from the bikes subframe because the unrestrained rear end of the muffler cans was starting to flap around on bumps, encouraging premature wear of the internal (? aluminium) collars at the inlet side. I mean, they are light, just not quite that light. So yeah, just to protect my inve$tment I reluctantly added that brace, which is hanging in there to this day.

Chip & krid80, if you search my posts you'll find pics of my cans & this work. Try either Shackman or Shackman01. Sorry, I can't link to it/them from this little tablet

J.
    Thanks for the info.

Raised by Wolves

1970 Norton Race Replica

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Norton...cAAOSwEUJfimb0

Also see " sellers other items " , he has 5 or 6 other interesting bikes for sale

the kind of guy that you could spend hours with , just talking bikes

George
    I wasn't born in Georgia , but I got here as fast as I could !

2010 XR in BLACK , with Supertrapp , V&H fuelpak , X shocks , Biltwell Tracker bar , Oberon bar-ends . Sargent seat .

used ta could

Quote Originally Posted by CT XR rider View Post
    Located in Massillon, Ohio is a very used Vance and Hines Black Widow exhaust system for a xr1200, looks like it's a bit rusty and has some nics and scratches. Asking price is $699.00, shipping is free

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-2012Ha...YAAOSwwUlfiIlE

Sold for $800.00

I got no friends 'cause they read the papers, they can't be seen, with me.........
    Bum Fukc ......... Out Beyond the Pyramids

Quote Originally Posted by ytman View Post
    Sold for $800.00
    Incredible.............
    Forecast for Tonioght: ALCOHOL,
    Low Standards and Poor Decisions

Raised by Wolves

Sonya's a pretty kitty!

Quote Originally Posted by geno View Post
    Incredible.............
    I think desperate is the word. I would have put the $800 toward a decent alternative & kept saving. Genial Motor in Italy still sell Termi systems.

J.

Raised by Wolves

I think desperate is the word. I would have put the $800 toward a decent alternative & kept saving. Genial Motor in Italy still sell Termi systems.

J.
    Thats silly money for a rusty V&H system.
    Its a shame XR parts are becoming rare.

The Termi 2 into one I have on mine is an appreciating asset.

If you have to, parting the bike out would get more $ than selling it complete.

I got no friends 'cause they read the papers, they can't be seen, with me.........
    Bum Fukc ......... Out Beyond the Pyramids

Quote Originally Posted by geno View Post
    Incredible.............

J.
    Incredible that he sold it for $800, desperate that someone paid $800 for it. Can't disagree with Shakman's logic in saving that $800 bucks for the Termi system.
    Forecast for Tonioght: ALCOHOL,
    Low Standards and Poor Decisions

Raised by Wolves

Termignoni exhaust Harley-Davidson Round Dual Exhaust Slip-On XR1200 R

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Termignoni-...4383.l4275.c10

Sonya's a pretty kitty!

I looked at the eBay listing as supplied by hhauto, noticed also on the same page an ad for a full Bassani Road Rage II US made 2 - 1 system for $650 USD before shipping. MUCH better value than rusty &/or cracked old V & H pipes for $800 USD. Seller is called american classic motors in Eirie, Pennsylvania, but there appears to be at least 2 other vendors selling the same Bassani system at the same price.

J.

Bronson Wannabe

here is a Vance and Hines black widow exhaust system in much better shape than the one posted a couple of weeks ago.
    Located in Allen, Texas is a used black widow system that has been recently re-coated (can't see any rust or cracks on it), it also has a upgraded mounting bracket with some stainless hardware.
    Starting bid of $75.00 or you can buy it now for $855.00 (the cracked set from 2 weeks ago sold for $800!). Good Luck!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-XR12...8AAOSwC~Vfqr1h

Regards
    Roy

2009 XR 1200
    1983 XR 1000