ThunderMax Maps - upload/download thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Raised by Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    I was looking at Duff's map last night that he posted "more pull in 4th gear" on. That (by looking at the Timing map) is the Twin Motorcycles version.
    I haven't used the Twin Motor map , I've just advanced the timing on the "Timing vs Engine Temp" by two points and ran auto-map after each ride since the HPA install. Where did you notice the differences ?

I noticed that the timing was higher after my changes and the HPA map compared to yours . I haven't gone to in detail just changing the above stated and looked at the timing vs engine speed curves . I did notice that the Rear AFR throughout are wonky across the board at higher rpm with some maps smoother then others but still everyone has dips . Some are just more scattered . Also the TPS at higher RPM charts are different between maps if you look at my map at say 6000 vs Simon's map vs Twin map you'll see the dips are different. I am no means an expert at tuning with this software and used tech support advice for gaining more power. They have told me before to slowly raise the timing until it pings , I don't know how much change I can do without risking damage or undue wear . If anyone more familiar with tuning want's to correct or explain things better or has done lot's of tuning using this software I'd like to know more . I've emailed them this thread so I'll see what they say.

Simon where are you noticing the big differences , I'd like to possibly change this also?. One things I did notice comparing the base map #818 ( the one for cams, head work etc) plus looking at both yours and JoeP map is that your timing is actually down compared to mine with changes and the Twin map .

From Thunder Max support:
    If total power output is different from another system there is likely a discrepancy in the timing maps. I would consider adding some additional timing to your TMax map.

This can be done by advancing points on the timing Vs engine temp page. The link below is for removing timing, just perform this task in the opposite direction for adding advance. I would try adding 2-3 degrees to measure the result of this. Please let me know how this works out.

If you are experiencing spark knock- pinging with your engine and you are sure it's not related to poor quality fuel or a faulty fuel pump you can simply make an adjustment in the timing Vs Engine temperature page, please review the link below.

http://www.thunder-max.com/TechDocs/Timing Vs Eng Temp 08242012.pdf

2. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

Master of Space and Time
    In a place called IJsselstein in the Netherlands Europe

duffy,

don't do this without a dyno. go to a dyno room and use 2 widebands and learn how to dyno a bike.

Less timing can mean more power.

first take care of good gas and good spark plugs with the right gap size.

My maps are made to be relaiable for the longer term. you don't feel 3 HP, you do feel a hole in your wallet when your piston brakes.

Raised by Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by easyridernl View Post
    duffy,

don't do this without a dyno. go to a dyno room and use 2 widebands and learn how to dyno a bike.

Less timing can mean more power.

first take care of good gas and good spark plugs with the right gap size.

My maps are made to be relaiable for the longer term. you don't feel 3 HP, you do feel a hole in your wallet when your piston brakes.

Isn't the point of a lot of after market tuners to give the user the ability to tweak maps or to the lesser extent AFR and such without a Dyno room since the majority don't have access. Also the ones that do it's very hard if it's not your profession to get the chance to learn to use it , most of us pay to have a tech run our bikes . I fully agree with not messing to much with things unless you fully understand what your doing and would love to have the opportunity to take a course on it and have unlimited access to learn . But as it is I have the Thunder Max , their tech support and can get dyno runs done out of my own pocket. I know the main tuner at the local HD dealership and the shop where I take my bike and know where I'm limited to make adjustments . I hope to have another dyno run next week to see where things are and can make adjustments from their.

Master of Space and Time
    In a place called IJsselstein in the Netherlands Europe

Quote Originally Posted by xxDUFFYxx View Post
    Isn't the point of a lot of after market tuners to give the user the ability to tweak maps or to the lesser extent AFR and such without a Dyno room since the majority don't have access. Also the ones that do it's very hard if it's not your profession to get the chance to learn to use it , most of us pay to have a tech run our bikes . I fully agree with not messing to much with things unless you fully understand what your doing and would love to have the opportunity to take a course on it and have unlimited access to learn . But as it is I have the Thunder Max , their tech support and can get dyno runs done out of my own pocket. I know the main tuner at the local HD dealership and the shop where I take my bike and know where I'm limited to make adjustments .

I don't wanne be or sound ruth but I don't care what other people say.

I just say be careful when you do NOT USE 2 wide band sensors in that header.

Good calibrated wideband sensors never ly, that's all i am saying.. (:

BACK FROM THE DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    The idea for this thread is to share Thundermax maps.

It would be preferable if you list engine mods, airbox and exhaust so that others know what might be a good match for their system.

Here is my current build

Hammer Performance heads with oversize valves and 15 degree squish band
    Wiseco high comp pistons
    Redshift 575 cams
    Twin Motorcycles HPA airbox
    Twin Motorcycles Torque Hammer 2 exhaust

The map can be downloaded here
    got a dyno chart on this build..??

BACK FROM THE DEAD

Mine, from August.

Red Shift 575 cams, CNC heads, TH1 exhaust, K&N filter.

www.jp2code.net

Quote Originally Posted by Corpse View Post
    Yeah, but no one knows how to tune the T-Max to get it to stop falling on its ass above 5500 RPM.

Hell, for that matter, there isn't anyone within 150 miles of me that tunes ANYTHING! The Harley shop has the only dyno, and all they do is try to richen up the AFR (try to mimic the T-Max) after a customer buys Screamin' Eagle exhaust from them.

I'd love to spend money getting it well tuned, but I'm still making exhaust changes.

The last dyno pull I had done (at $85) was added to my list of dyno pulls. You can see it's HP and TQ curves as the RED lines below where I had my 2-1 exhaust on at the time.

Orange - Stock
    Blue - V&H 2-1-2 exhaust with stock cams and T-Max
    Green - 2-1 custom pipe with stock cams and T-Max

Hooray for boobies!

I'll upload a base map when I've done mine. I'm working on a couple of things in the background that I'm hoping to use but it is going to be a winter job. I'm pretty sure I've got the WOT flooding sorted whilst keeping the target AFR parameter intact and still using the Autotune setting.

Still need dyno time to help with the timing though

www.jp2code.net

I'll upload a base map when I've done mine.
    So you say.

Just bustin' your chops, Simon. Bumping/reviving this old thread.

www.jp2code.net

BTW: Had to Google search to find this thread because vBulletin's search pulls up 0 threads.

While I was looking at the top result, I noticed this PDF was #2:

FTF Takes our XR1200 to Stage III

Not great numbers, but I don't recall ever seeing that article before.

Hooray for boobies!

So you say.

Just bustin' your chops, Simon. Bumping/reviving this old thread.
    yeah, yeah...you got mail.

I'll get the map uploaded soon. It might even be the one that's there or very similar. I'll have to download the last one and compare it but I'm in bed now and not around until the weekend.

Raised by Wolves

Did you say you couldn't get Dris's map to autotune ? that seems weird. You can't really use it if it's not going to adjust to your bike and settings , anyone else have this problem as I've ordered the THII and was planning on using that map with the exhaust / stock motor/ HPA .

Hooray for boobies!

Duffy, Is that for Joe or me?

My map is fine (ad autotunes correctly) though I'm not sure the latest one is on here. Joe has a copy of it in his bike at the moment while we try and work out some issues for him.

I got the timing sorted for mine and all is well. Ended up with a combination of my original map, Dris's and some timing changes. Nice torque curve and good fuelling.

Will be starting another map soon for my 1250 build.

Raised by Wolves

Joe was saying in another thread that Dris's map wouldn't auto tune , looking for the best map to start with for THII/HPA on a stock engine , or could just keep using my current one and let it do it's thing but would like to swap exhaust and go . Not sure why it won't auto tune or how the map was written without a basemap ?

Duffy, Is that for Joe or me?

My map is fine (ad autotunes correctly) though I'm not sure the latest one is on here. Joe has a copy of it in his bike at the moment while we try and work out some issues for him.

I got the timing sorted for mine and all is well. Ended up with a combination of my original map, Dris's and some timing changes. Nice torque curve and good fuelling.

Will be starting another map soon for my 1250 build.

Hooray for boobies!

Quote Originally Posted by xxDUFFYxx View Post
    Joe was saying in another thread that Dris's map wouldn't auto tune , looking for the best map to start with for THII/HPA on a stock engine , or could just keep using my current one and let it do it's thing but would like to swap exhaust and go . Not sure why it won't auto tune or how the map was written without a basemap ?
    Right, I see. I think he has been able to make some progress now. I sent him the map and the settings from my unit so he had something to start again with. From our last correspondence, Joe stated the bike was much smoother, getting good mpg and not pinging. Not sure if this has changed and I'm sure he will chip in.

www.jp2code.net

Ah yes! In another thread, back at that point, I was running the MasterTune TTS System with Dris' map. The TTS System does not have an auto tune, and Dris (as good as he is) doesn't have a map for his TH1 pipe with the Zipper's heads and cams.

Not saying anything against Dris! I'd never expect him to build a custom map for me.

But, that was why I switched back to the T-Max. It does auto tune.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12