Invalid file type
    Hooray for boobies!

Default Invalid file type

Ok, so this needs a bit of adjustment from Tom or Scotty.In the Admin CP we need to have .slk file extentions added to the permitted file types.Admin CP -> Attachment -> Extensions -> Add new attachment typeThen allow .slk files. If we can do that, I (and others) should be able to add the export files from Thundermax tuners.Thank youJust as example, they have been doing this on 1130.com for a while - http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118043
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

It aint no good locking the doors, when the madness is coming from inside your house.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Ok, so this needs a bit of adjustment from Tom or Scotty.

In the Admin CP we need to have .slk file extentions added to the permitted file types.

Admin CP -> Attachment -> Extensions -> Add new attachment type
    Then allow .slk files. If we can do that, I (and others) should be able to add the export files from Thundermax tuners.

Thank you

Just as example, they have been doing this on 1130.com for a while -
    http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118043
    I just had a look in there and the files that the forum supports are...(highlighted are the active file types)

bmp
    doc
    gif
    jpe
    jpeg
    jpg
    pdf
    png
    psd
    txt
    zip

No sign of .slk
    How to add another format, I have no clue

Simon, If Tom doesn't know how to do that can you talk him through it?

It aint no good locking the doors, when the madness is coming from inside your house.

Yep, that looks like the basic set of uploadable files Scotty.

To add a new type, in this case .slk the extension needs to be added. to the list. Not 100% sure where it is in the user CP but have given Tom a clue about the LocalSettings.php file in case it is there.

I've managed to attach a compressed version to the post above so maybe this will be the answer. Can you see if you can download it and extract it please.

You should end up with a file called XR1200v9.slk with a file size of 264KB when extracted. cheers
    It downloaded fine Simon, .......XR1200v9.slk 264KB

5. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

Hooray for boobies!

Looks like we are in business then Scotty. You would need the Smartlink software to import/open the file but its come down as it should do. I'll start another thread and label it Thundermax Maps and maybe some others can upload theirs too.

Thanks for your help

I like to think you killed a man. It's the romantic in me.

I added the .slk files and set the MIME type as: application/excel

I like to think you killed a man. It's the romantic in me.

I've set the max file size as 500 KB.

Hooray for boobies!

Testing for upload

Hooray for boobies!

Ok, we are in business. Thank you very much.

When the file downloads, it can be dragged into the Thundermax tuning software and it open up properly. Hopefully some people can get some benefit from this and maybe upload some other tuner maps too.

Thsnk you both for your time with this. I'll start another thread called Thundermax maps with some basic instructions for use. If you would like to blow this thread away to keep the area tidy feel free.

Thanks again
    Simon

Sorry Tom i didnt know you were in there, i have just deleted what you did without knowing you had been in there. I then re listed it
    Do you want to just check and see if its still working

Hooray for boobies!

I've just checked again from here Scotty and yes it is still able to upload the files

I've just checked again from here Scotty and yes it is still able to upload the files
    Thanks Simon, i was reading up on the net on how to do it and unbeknown to me Tom was already in there and i deleted what he had done not knowing he had been there whilst i was reading up on it. I then re-entered the format, just wanted to make sure it was still working. Thanks again.
    Sorry if that caused you any problems Tom

Hooray for boobies!

That might have been the blip we saw Scotty. It was working then it didn't and then it did again. All seems to be good now. Lets see if it proves useful.

by the way, you don't need to have a thundermax to download their software and view/edit the maps. It might give you, or anyone else, an insight into what they do. Pretty interesting stuff