Votes: 77 21.0%
  • 70+, but under 80.

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • 80+. I'll be dead soon.

Votes: 1 0.3%

Age Thread

728K views 720 replies 263 participants last post by  raven 
#1 ·
I'm betting the average age of XR Owners is in the 50s.

#645 ·
Seems like not long ago I celebrated the 15th anniversary of my 40th BDay.

#652 ·
Bought my first XR after my 50th birthday. I had back surgery 3 weeks before my birthday and said **** it and just bought it. No way I could ride an XR before the surgery.My mother in law calls it the mid life crisis bike. I’d rather have the XR than the usual old guy convertible for sure. This bike is a riot. I really enjoy this site

#660 ·
I hit five-six last month, was nearly 49 before I bought the XR. Definitely one of my all-time favorite bikes to ride & own...++

#661 ·
I call my XR the time machine, which has two meanings: (1) I can leave late and arrive early and (2) I feel like I am thirty years younger when I ride it. Other bikes may come and go, but I think I will keep this one - hell, no one is going to want it after I get done with it, so may as well. 54.

#662 ·
"Thirteen Guidelines For Seniors"

1. It's OK to talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

2. "In Style" are the clothes that still fit.

3. You don't need anger management. You need people to stop pissing you off.

4. Your people skills are just fine. It's your tolerance for idiots that needs work.

5. The biggest lie you tell yourself is, "I don't need to write that down. I'll remember it.

6. "On time" is when you get there.

7. Even duct tape can't fix stupid, but it sure does muffle the sound.

8. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could put ourselves in the dryer for ten minutes, then come out wrinkle free and three sizes smaller?

9. Lately, you've notices people your age are so much older than you.

10. Growing old should have taken longer.

11. Aging has slowed you down, but it hasn't shut you up.

12. You still haven't learned to act your age and hope you never will.

13. "One for the road" means peeing before you leave the house.

#668 ·
Just thought I'd drop in to tell all you young whippersnappers that while the caption "80+ I'll be dead soon" may be true, the "soon" part is a bit open ended. I'm just turning 82, and still hope to be riding for a while yet. I still miss my XR, but I keep looking for lightness. (At 366 lbs claimed dry weight, my street triple is a lot easier to push around the yard.)
I'll wish all the usual suspects a happy and prosperous 2021. Yeah, yeah, I remember....without a photo it didn't happen......... Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

#687 ·
Just thought I'd drop in to tell all you young whippersnappers that while the caption "80+ I'll be dead soon" may be true, the "soon" part is a bit open ended. I'm just turning 82, and still hope to be riding for a while yet. I still miss my XR, but I keep looking for lightness. (At 366 lbs claimed dry weight, my street triple is a lot easier to push around the yard.)
I'll wish all the usual suspects a happy and prosperous 2021. Yeah, yeah, I remember....without a photo it didn't happen......... View attachment 244004
Man, I hope I'm still around by then, let alone in as good of shape as you, when I get there!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.