fng from se va - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fng from se va

Habitual Linestepper

Default Re: fng from se va

Quote Originally Posted by MadDogXR View Post
    I have 3 XR's. Two are very easy to find neutral, one, not so much. I did switch to H-D Formula + in the hard one, and it is easier now.Attachment 203578

sorry, the quote did not come up initially. nice bike! are you able to adjust the ride height? i need about an inch/inch and a half lower front and rear as i am on tiptoe when stopped. how can i tell what mounts are in there for the engine?

2. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

WTF???

Quote Originally Posted by majette View Post
    sorry, the quote did not come up initially. nice bike! are you able to adjust the ride height? i need about an inch/inch and a half lower front and rear as i am on tiptoe when stopped. how can i tell what mounts are in there for the engine?
    Your shocks are probably a minimum of 2" longer than stock. I'm not sure if those Ohlins can be adjusted for height or not. I'll trade you straight across for for some stock x shocks. If you do get shorter shocks, you could slide the fork up a bit in the clamps to get maybe 1/2". I'm not sure if you can tell by looking what mounts you have. On my racebike, it vibrates like crazy at speed. The rubber mounts have almost no vibration at speed.
    Asphalt racing is like a chess match. Dirt track racing is like a cage fight!
    Current Bikes:
    2008 Vance & Hines Race XR1200
    2009 HD XR1200
    2009 HD XR1200 - Yeah, I have two.
    2016 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    2013 Husqvarna TR650 Terra
    2012 HD Road Glide Ultra

2006 Kawasaki ZG1000
    1996 ATK 605 DSES
    1988 Ducati 750 Paso
    1985 Suzuki GS700ES

1979 Yamaha XS650
    1975 Suzuki GT250
    2006 Yamaha Raptor 700
    2002 Yamaha YZ426F

Habitual Linestepper

Your shocks are probably a minimum of 2" longer than stock. I'm not sure if those Ohlins can be adjusted for height or not. I'll trade you straight across for for some stock x shocks. If you do get shorter shocks, you could slide the fork up a bit in the clamps to get maybe 1/2". I'm not sure if you can tell by looking what mounts you have. On my racebike, it vibrates like crazy at speed. The rubber mounts have almost no vibration at speed.
    im not sure i know how to take the shocks off IF i was inclined to trade LOL. there is no vibration at speed so i must have the upgraded mounts. by speed i mean cruising on the highway at 70mph.

5. Remove Advertisements
    XR1200Owners
    Advertisements

My giant goes with me wherever I go.

im not sure i know how to take the shocks off IF i was inclined to trade LOL. there is no vibration at speed so i must have the upgraded mounts. by speed i mean cruising on the highway at 70mph.

Measure those shocks from eye to eye and look for small black printed number on them. That will tell us if they are adjustable for length.

On the engine mounts the upgraded ones would have the most vibration, especially at idle. Judging from all the other race mods on this bike I would assume you have the hard, or race, mounts.
    "I've never been that scared going that slow."
    Scott Russell, former World SBK Champion, AMA Supersport and Superbike Champion and 5 time winner of the Daytona 200 (Mr. Daytona) commenting on his XR racing experience.

Habitual Linestepper

Things are not always what they seem to be.

nice bike! is there a way to adjust the ride height? im on tiptoe and i need it to be about an inch lower front and rear.
    Wear platforms.

Welcome from NorCal.
    Current Rides:
    2011 XR1200x
    2014 H-D Ultra Classic Limited
    two 2013 Vespa LXV150's
    2012 Triumph Bonneville T100
    1986 Suzuki GSXR 750
    1981 Honda CB900f

Use to own:
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250r
    2002 H-D Ultra Classic
    1992 H-D FXLR Custom
    1986 Kawasaki Concours
    1983 Suzuki GS750e
    1980 Honda CB750f
    1977 Kawasaki KZ650 Custom
    1972 Honda CL 350

Habitual Linestepper

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    Measure those shocks from eye to eye and look for small black printed number on them. That will tell us if they are adjustable for length.

On the engine mounts the upgraded ones would have the most vibration, especially at idle. Judging from all the other race mods on this bike I would assume you have the hard, or race, mounts.
    where would the number be printed? someone here have the same kit installed with info? were not all the shocks used in the kit the same?

WTF???

... there is no vibration at speed so i must have the upgraded mounts. by speed i mean cruising on the highway at 70mph.
    Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post

My guess is you don't have the V&H mounts. V&H tried to keep them to racers only and I believe you had to sign a release for them stating that things were not going to be the same with these mounts.

im not sure i know how to take the shocks off IF i was inclined to trade LOL. ...
    One bolt at the top and one bolt at the bottom, on each side.
    Current Bikes:
    2009 HD XR1200
    2012 HD Road Glide Ultra

2006 Kawasaki ZG1000
    1996 ATK 605 DSES
    1988 Ducati 750 Paso
    1985 Suzuki GS700ES

1979 Yamaha XS650
    1975 Suzuki GT250
    2006 Yamaha Raptor 700
    2002 Yamaha YZ426F

Habitual Linestepper

My guess is you don't have the V&H mounts. V&H tried to keep them to racers only and I believe you had to sign a release for them stating that things were not going to be the same with these mounts.
    yes, it has pronounced vibration at idle so its the race mounts. it also has the Fuelpak that was sold to racers only.

Just passing through

I have 3 XR's. Two are very easy to find neutral, one, not so much. I did switch to H-D Formula + in the hard one, and it is easier now.Attachment 203578

Nice picture!

Just passing through

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
    One thing I have found, there is always someone faster and there is always someone slower, no matter where you are. At the end of the road though, it only makes a few minutes difference either way, so it really does not matter. The trick is to ride your own pace and have fun. That is my plan anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QGeMApnBQQ

WTF???

Quote Originally Posted by XR RUNNER View Post
    Nice picture!
    I have a professional photographer that travels with me.

Speaking of which, when are we going to do a track day. It gets hot soon.
    Current Bikes:
    2009 HD XR1200
    2012 HD Road Glide Ultra

2006 Kawasaki ZG1000
    1996 ATK 605 DSES
    1988 Ducati 750 Paso
    1985 Suzuki GS700ES

1979 Yamaha XS650