XR1200 Owners Group banner

RIP Spock

4K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  gerrychuck 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
Leonard Nimoy really owned the character Spock. In an emergency, unnaturally calm and thoughtful, he would be the guy I would want in my corner.

He is now off on his next mission which will definitely be more than 5 years, to explore strange new places.....

#6 ·
He is on a journey that will take far longer than five years & seeing strange new things that we will have to wait to see.

I guess God needed a good science officer,,,

#21 ·
^^^They'll have to get on that!

When I left home and went off to university, I had long hair (as opposed to none these days). When I told people I was from Vulcan, they would invariably ask to see my pointy ears, thinking it was a hilarious joke that no one had ever thought of before. Har, har, har. I had Nimoy and Gene Roddenberry to thank for that dumb running joke, but forgave both long, long ago. Hard to think of another actor who has so totally inhabited a role for so long as Nimoy did Spock. I understand it was quite an event when he visited Vulcan; he actually tried really hard to have Paramount premier the Star Trek movie that was coming out at the time (the last that he was in) in Vulcan, but the studio wouldn't go for it. They did eventually arrange a special early showing of the film an hour away in Calgary, and bussed 300 residents of Vulcan up for the screening. Would never have happened without him, and he was truly appreciated by the town and its people. It created a bond between the actor and the town that lasted for the rest of his life.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.