XR1200 Owners Group banner

Central pa meet up and ride

5K views 58 replies 15 participants last post by  98acrsilver 
#1 ·
Central, Pa! meet up and ride rt 44.
we did one 2 years ago and its time for another one.
sunday april 27th. rain date sat may 3rd
12:30 pm meet-up at horsepower HD in williamsport, pa
invites- buell, sportster, xr1200 or other sporting v-twin.

some of you made it 2 years ago, smitty and jeffB trying to get a group together again. any questions ask away.

#4 ·
You can put JoeP on the MayB list.

#9 ·
holy cow purple thats a hike! most of us are only ridinghour and half to meeting point but your sure welcome to go for it! where abouts is fombell, pa never heard of that one?
yea Jeff it was smitty's idea to move it to sunday, he said he has kids baseball coaching on sat.
JTP youll def have the longest traveld award

#17 ·
I will try to make it, coming from Chantilly, Va. Nice ride for the XR, although the Diavel is also a sporting V-twin. - Gene

#26 ·
yep everything should be the same. if you guys have cellphones with net to google directions. you can look up rt. 15 and Horsepower HD and buell. east 3rd street williamsport. for directions. it kinda sits back off the road on the strip. the dealer and a ruby tuesday is right beside each other. might eat lunch there first before we headout im always hungrey. weather looks like 62 and sunny. i no longer have my xr but just riding a iron 883 and my buddy has a xb9r. should be like 4 other buells from the other board coming too. you can call me at 570-412-9877 if your lost

#31 ·
Seamus, just for moral support, lemme say this..... at least twice a year, occasionally three times a year, I ride from Mobile to Barber Motorsports in Birmingham, AL. It's a 4 hour ride, though I do my best to turn it into a 5 or 6 hour ride. If I take I-65 it's closer to 3 hours, but why would I do that :nana:...

The XR is a great mount for such a trip (don't overpack) and the only probs I've had are when I set my saddlebags on fire and one flat rear tire. Do it, you'll have a great time. (don't go past 100 miles on the odometer without fuel :) )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.