XR1200 Owners Group banner

XR1200 Exhaust Pipe Comparison as published in Hot Bike Magazine

20K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  Clunderthoud 
#1 ·
#2 · (Edited)
Unfortuneately HotBike removed the link to the article, however JoeP was smart enough to copy it and put in on his own personal home page. I'm sure he won't mind if I post his link here.
Joe, let me know if it's ok to leave it here, if not, I'll remove it.
Thanks

http://www.jp2code.net/xr/ExhaustReview.aspx

***Edit*** don't forget, this article was from 2010, so some newer to the market exhaust systems were not available at that time.

#11 ·
I have had issues with my website over the last couple of months.

I had a low-dollar account on GoDaddy, then they abruptly decided to shut down that service and stick me with $30/month for my websites. I run 5 of them, so that adds up.

I told GoDaddy to stick it, so they shut my sites down.

I moved to a new host SmarterAsp.net. Most of the tech support is in India and typically only provides basic answers (i.e. Yes or No).

It took a very long time, but I finally managed to get all of my domain names moved over. A few failed on the first attempt, but I wasn't able to learn this until I got the failure notice 10 days later. Try, try again.

Then, it turned out the new host was on a newer .Net Framework (GoDaddy was 3.5, SmarterAsp.net is on 4.5). A lot of things on the jp2code.net website were really messed up because of this, namely because it is actually 2 websites. jp2code.net is one, and jp2code.net/xr is very different. The newer .Net Framework didn't give as much slack as the older 3.5 version, and it took me a really long time to figure out what exactly was going on.

Long story short: The website should be back up. If anyone has any issues with it, please feel free to report them to me. I'm a decent software developer, but a shitty software tester. I rely on feedback to know something is broken.

If you read all of this and didn't understand it, don't worry. I don't always know what I'm saying anyway.

Just FYI, though: In the newer .Net Framework, you cannot name your namespace the same as your folder name. Namespace "jp2code.net.xr" causes a conflict with the folder "jp2code.net/xr". That took forever to figure out, because most developers do not create completely separate websites in the same spot.

#5 ·
If I recall, Streettracker did test one or two other pipes after this, and posted his results on this forum.

#8 ·
how about an exhaust ID? My 2009 XR came with this exhaust Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Seller said it was custom made in Australia. shipped by an R. Summer, West Melton Vic Australia. Don't see any makers marks or labels. QUiet with the baffles in. Any ideas? Thanks

#14 ·
#18 ·
I wouldn't think there would be much difference in power, but the stainless are hard to find now not sure if they are even making them anymore. I have had the black widows for one season and the headers are already discolouring I would strongly recommend ceramic coating them before you even install to prevent this. If I were to do it all over again I would probably go with a Termi.

Good luck with your decision, new exhaust makes a huge difference.

#24 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.