XR1200 Owners Group banner

What Have You Done To Your XR Today?

Tags
jp2code
2M views 14K replies 498 participants last post by  CoreyDSFA 
#1 ·
I thought this would be a good spot for people to post any of those little mods they did on their XR from day to day.

Maybe you added some bags (bagger!) or some LED indicators.

Maybe you washed the bike.

MayB you put some new tires on there.

Who know?

Just post up!

Oh, and we like pictures.

#10,902 ·
Installed new battery. Removed canister ( hey its bulky, ugly and bears some weight right). Getting ready to wash clean her up and check for pertinent loose fittings/hardware. I'm a little nervous about my tire. ��
They eat up the last few miles real fast. Don't ask how XrRunner and I know. You got Thursday and Friday to get a new one. Cycle Gear should have something in stock.

#10,906 ·
Good move, Rich, you'll be happy you did it.

But $80 to change a tire? Lol, look out boys, I'm moving to California to start a tire changing business!

I'm going out west where I belong .....

Y'all have a great and safe ride. Remember, it's a ride not a race ..... well, tell your significant others that anyway ...

#10,912 ·
I'm absolutely stoked with the Scotty Mod! Took it for a quick 40 mile first View attachment 205833 run and It now almost feels like I have that 6th gear I was always looking for. I'm guessing my MPG will improve as well. Also, the speedo was not affected at all--it's spot on:clap:
Badd the Scotty Mod was the second, only after the tuner, and best ever mod for our bikes. :nana: It has been said here and I agree that it should have been our stock gearing as it is in Japan. The first five or six times I left from a standstill I noticed the difference. After that you automatically adjust your power application and never notice it again. If I launch hard it still lofts the front wheel through the top half of first gear. I love it. The speedo remaining dead nuts is due to the fact that the speed sensor is after the mod on top of the case reading the output shaft. A win win.

Bear... :scooter:

#10,915 ·
Our bikes peak torque is 3750 on a stocker. With the mod that is 75 MPH. Since I cruise at 75-80 MPH all the time :devil: the mod is a no brainer for me. Anyone who doesn't have the mod should go on a ride with someone who does and trade bikes for a while for both city and canyon riding. If they don't want the mod after that they might have mental issues... hehehe

Bear... :scooter:

#10,916 ·
I love the Scotty Mod and I love the stock gearing. Depends on what's up. The mod is pretty easy to swap in and out in about 20-30 minutes once you get the hang of it.

Heres a a pro tip: if you have the Scotty Mod and you notice your clutch slipping in 5th, swap back to your stock gearing. Voila, clutch is repaired. :)

#10,925 ·
New V&H fiberglass fender. I may widen the top hole to the rear in order to cant the fender forward a bit more. Right now it is sitting just a smidge higher in the front than in the rear. I wish I knew that before I drilled the pre-marked holes. I like it though, much lighter than stock. Paint job is ok too.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Vehicle brake

Here is the "before":

#10,931 ·
The drawback I found with this mod is that it caused a flat spot around 2500 RPM's. I had my bike tuned at the dealer with a SEST with the RSD muffler installed about a month ago and I was surprised that this V&H muffler made that much difference. It definitely has a deeper sound now but I will probably have to take it back to H-D to get remapped. Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

#10,933 ·
I've always thought the side covers are a boring piece so I drilled some holes and siliconed some Air cleaner mesh on the back sides. I did this on my 07 XL Roadster about a year ago and I'm digging this on my bike--I also drilled the top belt guard to match. It was a cheap mod, maybe someday I'll get the carbon fiber set. Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire Sports equipment
Glasses Vision care Eyewear Sunglasses Musical instrument accessory
Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Automotive lighting

#10,935 ·
I've always thought the side covers are a boring piece so I drilled some holes and siliconed some Air cleaner mesh on the back sides. I did this on my 07 XL Roadster about a year ago and I'm digging this on my bike--I also drilled the top belt guard to match. It was a cheap mod, maybe someday I'll get the carbon fiber set. View attachment 206937 View attachment 206945 View attachment 206953
Looks great I love holes. I actually thought of doing the same... Do I dear say, to the bottom sides of the seat base, running from the front to the back tail. Good job.

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk

#10,937 ·
Finally had time to ride, with rain and work getting in the way until today. Fun time and ran perfectly. Recently adjusted windshield and and the shifter. Better now.

FWIW, for Americans, 2017 IMOTT daily review is showing on Velocity channel, the 3rd thru 9th at 10PM CDT... What a week of racing it will be, too. Michael Dunlap set a record 131MPH lap average today on his superbike. Beyond scary speeds... tp