XR1200 Owners Group banner

Bikes that turn you on....Post 'em here

304K views 2K replies 153 participants last post by  darbgnik 
#1 ·
We are all in love with our XR's but everybody knows that bike enthusiasts are never monogamous when it comes to lusting after other bikes we see out there.

This is where this thread comes into play...Basically, if you see a bike that really floats your boat, post a pic up here and share your hopes, dreams & fantasies outside of XR living.

If you think it might not be obvious from the photo why you like it, then tell us what it is that makes your mouth water at the thought or sight of it.

Track, road, cafe, bobber, cruiser, racer.........share your inspirations here......++

#3 ·
Usually seen in it's blue/pink livery, but I like the black/yellow. The blue/pink colour scheme was apparently inspired by a piece of decorative glass John Britten admired.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Toy Automotive lighting

#4 ·
Yorkie, I really like that bike you posted, the trellis design of the frame reminds me of a bike I really liked years ago, it was Italian (what else), I believed it was called a Bimota, if I can find a picture, I'll come back and post it. I always fatasized about putting my XR1000 engine in one and do it up cafe style.
another bike I could stare at for hours was a Vincent Black Shadow, never rode one, but would like to, just to see what all the fuss was about it.

#9 ·
Freaking Honda, who has a history of ceasing production or stopping US importation of some of the coolest bikes ever (CB1, GB500, TransAlp, yada, yada,yada...), has been teasing the world for a couple of years with rumors of an all new Africa Twin. It looks like it may be closer to becoming a reality, possibly in the next 6 months.

Honda showed a big Adventure bike at the last EICMA bike show, but the display bike was covered in mud and Honda offered no details.

Now Honda has started an "adventure oriented" website which may be a nice springboard for a new model.... You can check the site here;

http://myjourneys.com/welcome

So there's still lots of speculation on what a new Africa Twin would look like. Everyone seems to agree on a 1000cc parallel twin with a 100 hp ..... Prolly will stand on the middle ground between the street oriented GS Beemers and dirt oriented KTM Adventures.

Either way I'm in :clap:

Here is MCN's prognostication on the matter published last summer:

And here's the bad news....even if they build it there's no guarantee they'll import it to the US. :(

#21 ·
This one isn't going to be to everyone's tastes but I just love the boldness and the simplicity of it.......

I can't find all that much about it on the interweb except the following: bmw-r80-diamond-atelier

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Motorcycle Automotive lighting

Automotive lighting Gas Auto part Machine Metal

What can I say...I just love the look and feel of this bike, but don't much care for the riding position....

#41 ·
This one isn't going to be to everyone's tastes but I just love the boldness and the simplicity of it.......

I can't find all that much about it on the interweb except the following: bmw-r80-diamond-atelier

View attachment 75258

What can I say...I just love the look and feel of this bike, but don't much care for the riding position....
Lower the rear a little and add at least a tach, maybe a speedo and it would suit me much better

Here's another one... been following his builds for some time now... he sells the parts too (sub frame, etc) ...

View attachment 75394
First one was MUCH better
i like jeff wrights bikes, i am a big fan of his stuff

Sorry, but those two just made me throw up a bit
JMHO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.